Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Best place to buy Michelins at the moment

David M

Spa-Francorchamps
I am about the replace all tyres and have a full geometry check. I am awaiting for a trade price from my local (friendly) Jagaur dealer who will fit and balance them for me FOC but in the meantime want a good on-line quote to compare the tyre price against.

I can get the fronts (225/40/18) for £130 and the rears for £230 (295/30/18) from Mytyres.

So does anyone have any recommendations for the best place to buy at the moment. I will probably replace with the same Michelin Pilot Sports (I see that there are now N1, N2, N3, Porsche fitment and even extra load - what do all these mean?).

Thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140306

CostCo always cheap for Michelins!

I remember seeing a buy 3, get 1 free deal at another local tyre fitter as well...

I would go with the PS2s in either the N2 or even newer N3 compound. Extra Load refers to the sidewall strength - typically suitable for the rear tyres which bear the weight of the engine.

Note that the Pilot Sport 1s are completely different from the Pilot Sport 2s (PS2s) in terms of their design and construction.

The N-rating is applied by Porsche to a tyre manufacturer's specific tyre range acknowledging that it is a compound tested and approved by Porsche for that particular tyre range. so, a PS2 N2 indicates that it is the third compound tested and approved by Porsche for the PS2. eg, the latest Michelin Cups tested/approved for the new 997GT3 are N0 rated. Do a quick search as there's quite a bit of info on N-ratings.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140313

Kwik-fit are doing 25% off 4 tyres at the moment, not like the buy 3 get 1 free offers elsewhere :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140315

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by damianc4s on 09 May 2007

Kwik-fit are doing 25% off 4 tyres at the moment, not like the buy 3 get 1 free offers elsewhere :wink:
Isn't that the same thing Damian? :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140332

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Maxie Islam on 09 May 2007

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by damianc4s on 09 May 2007

Isn't that the same thing Damian? :?
It is, I think Damian was refering to a thread a couple of weeks ago where someone asked for the "buy 3 get one free offer" and the guy in the shop said that there was no such thing. "BUt we do have a buy four get 25% off sir!".

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140333

hence the wink.........

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140334

As far as I'm aware PS2s aren't made in those sizes - only for 19".

I'm getting Pilot Sport N1s fitted friday - £608 all in at a place near Woking.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140343

That's a bloody good price.

Who is doing it for you?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141024

Costco. They price promise too, so check out the best quote you can get, and if Costco are more, have a word!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141028

I got a price for Costco and they weren't close.

The place is called Martin's Tyres - on the A322 near Bisley.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141036

Just returned - only paid £548 in the end :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141089

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back