Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Oil meter fluctuation

Yep I use that one too! And so, I hope, did the OPc when they serviced HD1 last week.

Dave, most amusing, but think Jamie might be ketching up with you at Bedford, be wary of strange ketchup bottles flying in your direction (and he won't even be drinking!)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139903

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dave on 08 May 2007

Robert I was always looking at the gauge on my 996 targa almost to the point of distraction but after a while realised it was absolutely fine moving up and down. I guess the time to worry is when the needle sits at the bottom of the gauge on 0.
I was assured by the service bloke at OPC Solihull that it was fine, but just looks a bit worrying!

As an aside, I can't believe that Porsche did not fit an oil temp gauge to the 996... so much more useful for preserving the health of the engine that the pointless battery condition thingy.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139960

errr.. my levels are rock solid !

although Blame the cheap arse oil OPC's put in your cars ! they can drink and cause sensor reading problems

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139964

Knowing the standard of prep that the dealer did for my car pre sale, its probably filled with chip-fat...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140000

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 08 May 2007

although Blame the cheap arse oil OPC's put in your cars ! they can drink and cause sensor reading problems
Don't you put this in your car instead though:

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/Sunny%20D%20(600%20x%20480)(5).jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140023

Costco are selling Mobil One for £23 for 4 litres.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140029

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by stats007 on 08 May 2007

Costco are selling Mobil One for £23 for 4 litres.
Is that good, bad, indifferent? What's the usual price?

Scott - LOL!

~ Maxie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140045

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by uuf361 on 08 May 2007

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 08 May 2007

Don't you put this in your car instead though:

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/Sunny%20D%20(600%20x%20480)(5).jpg

Looks like a Chavely Tapas night to me

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140047

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccosh
Back