Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 Servicing

richardofengland

With 12000 miles between services I would like to know what GT3 owners do about ongoing servicing. for example before a track day, or at shorter intervals ie 6000 miles. 12000 miles seems too long a wait for such a car.

thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139012

I usually do oil change once per year

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139016

Richard, annual service irrespective of mileage is the way to go as far as I'm concerned. If you are tracking heavily then no harm in an additional once over.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139017

I actually get an Oil & Filter change every 4000 miles (at 4k then at 8k then it's at 12k at the OPC) just to keep everything in tip top condition

as with Mobil 1 at Costco at £45 for 2 packs of 4 litres, add 1 filter and the skills of Sidspanner and it's the cost of a tank & a half of petrol

in view of what places charge for just an oil change ! this is a no brainer and every 12k it hits an OPC for it's service stamp

if you're at the Bedford day on the 11th Sidspanner will be there, I'm sure he will be able to pass on his Porsche knowledge

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139018

Do you honestly believe that the latest and greatest fully synthetic isn't working for the whole 12k?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139025

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by damianc4s on 05 May 2007

Do you honestly believe that the latest and greatest fully synthetic isn't working for the whole 12k?
Yes, based on the brown stuff that came out from the 1st change (what were using Glenn !)

but in reality by the change after 4000 mile (2nd change), the oil was actually OK ! and would have been fine for another 4k

but for the real world you're right it's fine with the right oil, every 4k could be deemed too excess but I've got to keep those Manthey magic beans in tip top condition and for the cost of a sidspanner oil change that's what makes it a no brainer......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139036

I follow the recommended service schedule, plus I end up getting an extra oil change in between (ie, every 6k miles). I recently opened the engine up, and the insides looked BRAND SPANKING NEW after almost 40k miles. Did a compression test and everything is back within factory tolerances.

Modern synthetic oil + motorsport engine tolerances + SUL petrol with all kinds of cleaner additives (Shell/BP) + regular servicing = great condition engine

Don't forget to change the gearbox and diff oils about once a year if you do semi-reasonable mileage.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139106

I think its time for a sidspanner in that case. I have done 6k miles in quite a short time.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139147

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back