Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My first 996 and grinning

cambsguy

Spa-Francorchamps
My first posting on the forum, Just bought my 1st 996 2002 C4, had it two weeks and hav,nt stopped smilling since, amazing performance, drive and so easy to use...(as if you needed telling lol)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138781

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/911b.jpg

PS The 996

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138787

Well done and welcome to the forum,

She looks very well, I do like the GT3 wheels on the 996.

What car have you come out of ?

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138790

Enjoy it, it doesn't get much better than this :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138793

thnaks for your replys.. have always gone for BMW,s the 300ci, X3, Convertibles, 320 etc.. thought they were grt to drive, but nothing compared to this

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138794

Hi,

Welcome and enjoy your 911 experience. There is a big down side :wink:
......... you will always have to have a 911 now!!! No going back!!

What is her full spec, toys on her???

I very nearly bought an S plated C4 with aerokit, a very nice drive.

Regards Alan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138806

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by alan sweeney on 04 May 2007

Welcome and enjoy your 911 experience. There is a big down side :wink:
......... you will always have to have a 911 now!!! No going back!!

Spot on there - can't see me being without a 911 for much of my life.

We have a meet just outside Bedford next week cambsguy, good opportunity to pop down and meet us all!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138863

That must be one of the very last 3.4s as the 3.6 facelift appeared in late 2001.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138889

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by stats007 on 04 May 2007

That must be one of the very last 3.4s as the 3.6 facelift appeared in late 2001.

Mind - some of the last pre-face lift 996's had the 3.6 litre engine in it. What size engine is yours Cambsguy?

~ Maxie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138920

thanks for the warm welcome...

Where abouts is the Bedford meet? luv to come along if poss.. drop us some details plz.

Sounds crazy, but still trying to work out if its a 3.4 or 3.6, regisrtation doc cleary states 3.6 however the manual says it a 3.4, any one have an idea how to tell for certain,,,

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138954

Reg doc more likely to be correct... they were done direct from manufacturer's spec by then (chassis and engine number) IIRC

Doubt that any pre-facelift handbooks would have been printed with 3.6 engine details

Looking good

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138958

Agree with Wattie there about pre-facelift handbooks with the 3.6litre engine in it. Cambsguy - what you have here is a very rare pre-face lift 3.6. Well done! To tell for certain, just make a note of the chassis number and quote it to the service department of an OPC and they should be able to tell straight away.

~ Maxie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139014

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by cambsguy on 04 May 2007

My first posting on the forum, Just bought my 1st 996 2002 C4, had it two weeks and hav,nt stopped smilling since, amazing performance, drive and so easy to use...(as if you needed telling lol)
welcome

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139039

Good move. The car looks splendid.

Congratulations!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139575

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back