Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Schroth Harness

Carrera4S

Banned
Well I've been busy with the GT3, I managed to pick up two brand new Schroth harnesses (1 standard Profi-II-6) and a HANS Profi-II-6 for a crazy price...especially as they are new and have a FIA expiry of 2012!!!!

However a standard Profi is not a Porsche Profi, different mountings etc etc but bollox was I going to pay Porsche prices (£360 per harness was quoted, Carnewal €315-350 each) however I went down the road to GPR (great guys!) at Silverstone and bought 4 seatbelt style mounts, these fit on the seat mount and the harness is threaded through the hole.

As a side issue I contacted Schroth about using one of their mounting kits on a Porsche and I was pleasantly surprised when they said that they haven't tested it on a Porsche and will run a break test on the part for me and get back with a 'yes' or a 'no'. Here's the part:

01324.jpg

If they say yes then this will fit on the seatbelt mount allowing a standard Schroth carabiner to work perfectly. So I may revisit this later.

So what is there left to do? Well I had to order a TX Star E12 socket which will allow me to remove the seats. I have to remove the seats to attach the transmission tunnel side harness mounts, also on the passenger side I have to fit a bloody big bit of metal under the seat to attach the anti-submarine harness (2 of the 6 points)

p96048.jpg

So hopefully in the next day or so I should be complete.

If anyone wants a Schroth harness let me know and I'll put you in contact with the guy. Put it this way I got my two for half the Porsche price for one!

Damian

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138291

Are your Schroth harnesses different from the OEM clubsport with the twist buckle?

I've considered a second one for my passengers but been put off by the price

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138302

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dunc on 03 May 2007
Are your Schroth harnesses different from the OEM clubsport with the twist buckle?
I've considered a second one for my passengers but been put off by the price

No they have have the same twist buckle, just different (ie. standard) mounting clips.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138355

Hasn't the GT3 got the mounting holes for the crotch straps? I know there are 2 blocked holes on the floor of the 993RS which is where I'll be mounting mine with the eyelets.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138362

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 03 May 2007
Hasn't the GT3 got the mounting holes for the crotch straps? I know there are 2 blocked holes on the floor of the 993RS which is where I'll be mounting mine with the eyelets.

The GT3 uses a big bracebar, I wish I could use the standard eyelet approach :roll:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138383

I've just picked up a brand new boxed Schroth harness in red for £30 so if anyone knows of another going cheap do let me know :O)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138393

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by ACEparts on 03 May 2007
I've just picked up a brand new boxed Schroth harness in red for £30 so if anyone knows of another going cheap do let me know :O)

I can make a few enquiries :wink:

Which Schroth are you looking at? 4,5,6 point?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138394

It's the 6 point with twist release

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138397

IIRC, the factory option Porsche one actually used the push button type although this was frequently changed to the twist one.

Aftermarket Schroth one uses the twist mechanism.

There was an issue a while ago about the twist mechanism not being strictly legal for use on the public highway.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138449

Damien,

Your 3 has a submarine bar under the drivers side as I had a harness on it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138473

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 03 May 2007
Damien,

Your 3 has a submarine bar under the drivers side as I had a harness on it.

Yep, I'm using that, just need to get a passenger one :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138478

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 03 May 2007
IIRC, the factory option Porsche one actually used the push button type although this was frequently changed to the twist one.
Aftermarket Schroth one uses the twist mechanism.
There was an issue a while ago about the twist mechanism not being strictly legal for use on the public highway.

There's two Porsche Schroth harnesses, the Porsche OEM one with the button and the Clubsport (FIA approved) twist mech.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138479

my original harness was sourced for me from Schroth by Steve at JZ, it matches the RS one perfectly, it has a rotary release.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138482

My clubsport has rotary on the drivers side and button on the passengers!!
Guessing the driver side is the standard fit, whilst the passengers was a later addition.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138500

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back