Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

anti-roll bar bushes

Tim Storey

just looked at mine (sorted my creaking suspension incidentally) and they look tired and my friendly mechanic pointed out that the knocking sound is the bushes on the anti-roll bars.

hence: where's best to buy them? OPC or design911 type shop? Anyone have any reco's on good/bad/avoid at all costs?

cheers

Tim

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137891

how did you sort out the creaking?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137892

it was a bolt that protruded ever so slightly and was just rubbing the inner face of the disc (not suspension related at all in fact) when turning left (you just see where its taken the dirt/rust off the top layer of the bolt) but nothing damaged, couple of minor marks on the disc....

Funny my mechanic mate just said "yeah thats rotational not your suspension" hearing it before even seeing it...and then told me the bushes were shagged :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137894

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Tim Storey on 01 May 2007

just looked at mine (sorted my creaking suspension incidentally) and they look tired and my friendly mechanic pointed out that the knocking sound is the bushes on the anti-roll bars.

hence: where's best to buy them? OPC or design911 type shop? Anyone have any reco's on good/bad/avoid at all costs?

cheers

Tim

TBH they're not expensive wherever you get them from, depend if you are gong to fit them yourself or get and indy to do it, if so I'd let them supply also.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137920

for anyone thats interested, £10.50 ish +VAT each from Porscheshop.co.uk (had to ring as they don;t appear on the website. Standard versions though, not eprfomrance polyurethane type.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138114

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back