Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 LHD Selling ?

Fingers

Hi Guys, a friend of a friend of a friend heard I was thinking of shipping my car over to the UK and having bit of a holiday and then selling it there has made me an offer. I don't know the guy at all but heard he is a used car dealer - German cars but not limited to Porsche. He has offered me GBP 39,500 for it. As you know its a 2005 997 base car - the mileage is 14,000 miles at the moment but will be up to 17,000 by the time he gets it.....What do you reckon? Sell it on to him or try and find a private buyer. It doesn' have the UK PCM and is LHD. The PCM can be added of course. Appreciate your opinions.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137612

My first reaction was that its a very low price! However Take a look at http://www.lhdporsche.com/clients/lhdporsche/default.asp

For a non S model

These two are possibly comparable
http://www.lhdporsche.com/clients/LHDPorsche/DisplayCar.asp?id=869&m=1&t=01052007081938
(this will be cheaper due to dodgy colour of course)

or this (also not a poular colour of course)
http://www.lhdporsche.com/clients/LHDPorsche/DisplayCar.asp?id=792&m=1&t=01052007080755

Assuming the seller of these would take an offer, £45K is possibly the selling price thru trade so you might get £40k-42k private. Given its LHD (not a problem for me btw) it will be harder to sell. I would say its probably a good deal especially if you can get the dealer to pay the shipping!

Wonder what Finance Jamie would do me on it ;-)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137617

I think you might get a few K more selling it privately, assuming he would try and sell it at £45K.

But more importantly - when are you coming over? We need to organise a 911uk event for this!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137761

Thanks for the comments guys. If anyone is interested I am happy to keep the car for you and not the dodgy dealer guy. I am still trying to book tickets - blinkin' expensive! I was planning on a huge European driving tour with the Mrs but I had to work in China for a bit and work in Japan is getting crazy on top of which, I am in Thailand next week for work and then back to China again towards the end of the month! SO, if can make it I am guessing mid June for two weeks or so. Would LOVE to meet you all!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137765

Keep us informed - I'm sure we can arrange a meet when you are over.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137767

Will do for sure!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137770

Be cool to meet up !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137771

Mid June? European driving tour? Le Mans? Interested?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137779

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dave on 01 May 2007

Mid June? European driving tour? Le Mans? Interested?
Or meet at the 'Ring ??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137787

I would love to go to Le Mans and then on to the ring too! All depends on work. I will airfreight the car over on the same plane I am on : )

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137816

Well I would think many of us would meet you at the 'Ring.. no matter when.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137819

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back