Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

exhaust sounds more throaty

richardofengland

Nurburgring
Excuse the lack of technical description and I have not found some wonderful new roaring GT3 exhaust.

My exhaust is not blowing but sounds louder, so my question is do exhausts gradually become noisier between services, as my last two 911's have sounder louder as time has gone on.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137560

Some exhaust can sound a little bit louder as the sound muffling material slowly disintegrate over time, but should'nt be a sudden change. You might have a connection or a seal loose?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137563

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 30 April 2007

Some exhaust can sound a little bit louder as the sound muffling material slowly disintegrate over time, but should be a sudden change. You might have a connection or a seal loose?
Thanks, I will keep an eye on it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137564

Previous poster said:

Some exhaust can sound a little bit louder as the sound muffling material slowly disintegrate over time
Whats in the zorst ? Can the muffling material be taken out to rasp it up a bit ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137576

Isn't it wire wool or some such substance, there was an article in 911& PW about Haywood & Scott with some piccies.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137586

In bike exhausts, mufflers have wool like material (I'm gonna sound so amateur-ish!) that absorbs the noise, which can just disintegrate over time, and sometimes need to be "re-packed". I think car mufflers are petty much the same?

Unlike car mufflers, the bike exhaust can be dismantled easily and put back together with a few rivets.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137589

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by sTTu on 30 April 2007

Previous poster said:

Some exhaust can sound a little bit louder as the sound muffling material slowly disintegrate over time
Whats in the zorst ? Can the muffling material be taken out to rasp it up a bit ?
That's what Gert does with his RSRs.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137763

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steamy
Back