Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Child Seat in 997

blimey! Hi mate good to hear from you! The parallels are too close too call! I was watching the same mind bending rubbish wih my kids - feeding one and eyeing the forum at the same time So you jumped from M3s as well? I had brief stint in a 645 convertable and then finally bought a Porshe after 10 years of debating it with myself. So whats your first iumpressions of it?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142564

Ian, small world eh? I loved working at MTI, pity KC left me no path to progress or I'd be there now.

I had a 911 and a 968 in the past then in recent years had a couple of M3s which were great and practical as well. Trouble was too practical so mountain bikes ended up in the back when the children and wife were using the family Disco.

I ended up buying another LandRover, a Defender for rough weekend stuff which meant I could indulge more than the M3 for practicality so a C4S was top of my list straight away.

Only picked it up a couple of weeks ago and it's a leap up from previous Porsches and the M3. My kids seem to like it and despite not telling the wife until after I'd picked it up, she seems to think it's a great car as well. She's already said she wants me to get the turbo next time so that's worked out better than my M3 purchase which she hated. I've got the usual new car obsessions so had PaintShield applied, had the iPod box sorted and so on.

Given I track my Caterham and enjoy a spirited drive, I'd say it's about as good a drivers' car as you can get for the UK roads although I do miss SMG shifting a bit.

Hack the PSE so it's on full time - my neighbour glares in a way that I know means it's working as desired.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142575

Hmm underdstand your point about KC and the home guard...

Good point on the SMG Really miss that part of the M3 - For me it really worked well - Really snapped the gears home hard. Felt similar to bike gear changes which in a car is hard to replicate. Talking of bikes and loud pipes - Reckon your neighbours should meet mine! Two dukes, a Kwack and R1 at the last count....

What colour is this new C4S then?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142594

I have GT Silver, it's an option and not really so different to the silver but is more grey looking, same as silver grey on the M3 (my last colour in fact for that car as well). I also like the seal grey but this is an easier colour to keep smart looking.

I have the Aerokit, sideskirts and turbo wheels so the exterior is quite different to a standard car. My wife doesn't like the standard shape so I knew the exrta styling would work for her.

Sounds like you have as many bikes as I have mountain bikes. I now have four cars though so I need to stop being so fickle. I've promised myself I will keep this car at least a couple of years but my record is less than two years for my last 6 cars. I'm actually thinking right now that the C4S is almost perfect but a next generation will be hard to resist if they up the power and tweak the styling nicely. It's a high class problem though - it's great to be in a position to own and enjoy the car.

I reckon your home guard will be there to turn the lights off, RB must be bored of working soon surely !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142619

My posts in the official baby seat thread are now FAQ, which means great if you know where you are looking but no one views them posts to comment; just find info which is great...

Went into OPC today to test the seat, Junior Plus.
It has a sticker on saying "Britax Romer Kid Plus" !!

The regular seat was £171; and with isofix was £228.
Fitting was not perfect, but probably better than the previous version, Junior Seat. So best fitting so far of any seat!!

I'm wandering if you can just buy the Porsche fabric cover for these seats, and just get the regular Britax and swap over!?

So can you get the Porsche seat cover easily and cheaply, and put over the Britax seat??

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back