Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Child Seat in 997

Jamie_G

Seat works well and Jack loves it:

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/img129%20(Medium).jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137399

Jamie,

What age is Jack? I have a 3 yr old and a baby of 2 and a half months.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137533

David,

Sorry I missed your post here, haven't been keeping up to date.

Jack is just short of 7 months now. I made the decision to hold off putting him in the car until a couple of weeks ago as I didn't want the expense of having airbags deactivated + buying a rear facing seat when he would soon fit in the front facer on the rear seats. The cost of the Porsche Seat and De-activation is roughly £900 and your wife will be sitting in the back.

As to the rear facing seat on PCGB forum that you mentioned on another thread, I'm not sure I have heard of anyone else using a rear facer in the rear. Even the rear facer that I have in the BMW takes up a lot of space and the front seat has to be quite far forward to accomodate. I have just looked at the pics on the PCGB forum and to be honest (and it may be the camera angle) that seat with the baby in doesn't look like it's in properly. Apologies if that causes offence to anyone but from the pics alone it just doesn't look like a rear facing should.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140227

Hello,

Bizarre that my first post to this site should be hooked by a thread on kids seats! Bought my first Porsche last week, C4S and have been looking at this forum for a bit to see where to jump in. My partner drives an X5 4.4 which we use for kids and dogs and I have the luxury of driving 'my own car' through out the week. Previous cars are 6 series converts, M3's and big mercs so this is a first porsche for me to either get it out of my system or become a convert. Anyway to the point...we took out my car at the weekend and Jamie my three year old sat on a child seat behind the passenger (perfect fit) and I had my daughter in a rear facer behind me. Good fit but the drivers seats needs to be well forward and for a 6 footer like me this is not perfect. On the homeward journy we switched the seats and my Mrs moved her seat forward. She moaned like hell but I was comfortable and it was amazing how the wheels on the bus from the bose drowned her out.

Moral being then, take the kids leave Mrs at home.
/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/my%20car(3).JPG

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140353

Ian,

Welcome to the forum.

What brand was the rear facing seat you used if you don't mind me asking?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140357

Jamie,

Thanks for the reply.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140358

Welcome Ian and interesting logic about leaving the wife at home!! Nice looking car you got there.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140361

bu**er - now I have to ring her up and feign some excuse! There's me makeing out how busy i am at work and I drop this bombshell! I have abs no idea - She kids.... - me cars and bikes....

Stand by its some black and grey thing that sits on a pram sorry thats not cool buggy or I am led to believe travel system. Hell its a Pram right.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140362

Thanks Jamie and hi to you! Love them wheels btw....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140363

Hi David, its called a Jane from Mothercare. Joking aside though it is really easy to fit in the seat. The previous model took bloomin ages to get in the car and if it was raining you got bloody soaked trying to wrap the seatbelt around it!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140369

Ian, thread hi-jack:

I'm an ex MTIer just into a 997 C4S - are you the same Ian Parslow by chance ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142553

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Robert Ramsden-Board on 16 May 2007

Ian, thread hi-jack:

I'm an ex MTIer just into a 997 C4S - are you the same Ian Parslow by chance ?
Robert are you Bored by any chance, excuse the pun!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142554

Should say, I did a deal with the OPC and got two Porsche kids seats, the stage 2/3 and these are about the best I've seen, comparable to the Recaro which I have in another car. They're too expensive to justify almost after the purchase but in handing over a massive amount for the car I fooled myself I was clever at negotiating by having them include the two seats :)
They fit well un the back.

I also had the disabling of the front air bag fitted as well so I can in theory take three kids in the car.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142555

Hi Jamie, just trawling the 911 forums while the kids focus entirely on Maggie and her ferocious beast !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142556

btw, your friend Steve W wanted the Sport alloys not the Sportdesign as he couldn't clean the wheels I have spare he said.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142558

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back