Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Pleased with GT3 Mods!!

Before mods!!!

P1010040.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136880

After mods!!!

Apols for picture size - new to all tgis & frank;y 2/10 so far.

26a51c71.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136882

Ahhh... you're RVG60!

Beautiful '3! :)

Mk1s really are the best looking GT3 :lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136900

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 27 April 2007

Agree !

(Ido like them wheels too)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136929

Looks lovely (without the stickers) and the wheeels are fantastic.

Be a shame to get pulled for the illegal plates though

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136930

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 27 April 2007
Ahhh... you're RVG60!

Thanks Ade _ I must admit that I like the Mk1s :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136961

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by 917k on 28 April 2007

Yep _ for me, think these wheels make the mk 1s. Well, Im not sure about the plate issue. Given thats its a yr 2k car and so no font type is specified, and that the font is EU standard, and that the plates are reflective, exactly what law am I breaking? :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136963

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by rikki griffiths on 28 April 2007

Previous poster said:

Yep _ for me, think these wheels make the mk 1s. Well, Im not sure about the plate issue. Given thats its a yr 2k car and so no font type is specified, and that the font is EU standard, and that the plates are reflective, exactly what law am I breaking? :)

This is a touch *****, so I apologise in advance

NUMBER PLATES FITTED BEFORE 1 SEPTEMBER 2001 Number plates fitted before 1 September 2001 must display characters that meet the dimensions shown in one of the two groups below Characters Group 1 Group 2 Height 89mm 79mm Width (except the figure 1 or letter l) 64mm 57mm Stroke 16mm 14mm Space between characters 13mm 11mm Space between groups 38mm 33mm Side margins (minimum) 13mm 11mm Space between vertical lines 19mm 19mm

I think you'll find German style plates do not comply withy these regs in their entirity. And if you added them after sept 2001 they should comply with the newer regs also.

Though clearly the chances of getting apull are slim and I elieve it would just be an advisory ar at worst £30 FPN

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136972

Previous poster said:
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by rikki griffiths on 28 April 2007
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by 917k on 28 April 2007 Looks lovely (without the stickers) and the wheeels are fantastic.
[/i:N9Rz2hCuTF]

This is a touch *****, so I apologise in advance
NUMBER PLATES FITTED BEFORE 1 SEPTEMBER 2001

Crikey - I need a measure & a stiff one (so to speak) before replying to this one. TY anyway & revert, errr, soon.

Number plates fitted before 1 September 2001 must display characters that meet the dimensions shown in one of the two groups below
Characters Group 1 Group 2
Height 89mm 79mm
Width (except the figure 1 or letter l) 64mm 57mm
Stroke 16mm 14mm
Space between characters 13mm 11mm
Space between groups 38mm 33mm
Side margins (minimum) 13mm 11mm
Space between vertical lines 19mm 19mm

I think you'll find German style plates do not comply withy these regs in their entirity. And if you added them after sept 2001 they should comply with the newer regs also.
Though clearly the chances of getting apull are slim and I elieve it would just be an advisory ar at worst £30 FPN
:)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137009

Rikki, where did you get those plates from? I've been looking for those Euro style plates...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137048

Hi, what does the cup wheel look like? does it still have an air bag and roughly what money is it?

Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137176

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by gorisan26 on 29 April 2007

Hi, what does the cup wheel look like? does it still have an air bag and roughly what money is it?

Cheers
No airbag - basic racey three spoker with suede rim - check out the carnewal site

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137182

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartynT
Back