Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Door Rattle

Richard Lee Tuxford

I dont know if anyone can help, I have a facelift 996 C2 convertable. I have an anoying rattle in the drivers door. It sounds like a cable is loose and bangs against the door glass.

Is anyone aware of this and what is the fix.

Altern. can anyone tell me if and how I remove the door card to expose the window mechanics without making a mess. Also, if I do this will it affect the side air bags?

Cheers

Rich

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136074

I had a rattling noise in my Golf drivers door too. I had to take it back to the dealership where they took out the door card and fixed something that had worked its way loose. Can't remember what it was but it was fine after that.

~ Maxie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136088

Rich

The problem is that the doors have a membrane that is leak proof so you would have to re-seal it correctly otherwise you get water ingress over the sill of the car.

My old Boxster went back a few times for a leaking passenger door as they just tried to re-seal it using some sealant and it didn't work! In the end they fitted a new membrane.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136514

hi - richard - i recently had a electric window seize on me - the interior panel comes off quite easy- the hard bit was locating the final screw which is hidden behind the baddge on the air bag cover. i expect your window mechanism - cables etc are at the end of life. cost £130-00+vat. the membrane (clear plastic inner cover i removed carefully and siliconed back in place. job done-dont worry about the airbag.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136529

Cheers for all your comments guys.

I may have a look at the weekend if I feal Brave.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138247

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back