Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Buying advice

newboy

Hi Guys,

Have been reading your posts over the last 6 months and have found it a wealth of information. Great site! I am looking to buy a facelift 996, budget £35,000 in 6-12 months time.

Two questions guys

1. Have I got it right that I can buy this car basically anywhere as long as I get the Porsche 111 point check done, then buy a Porsche warranty?

2. Is it worth adding a couple of grand and getting a C4S(it is a better looking car imo) do you all feel the same as me that the depreciation will be better?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135735

On the warranty you are correct, although you may want to get the 111 point check done as a condition of the sale. As when Porsche do the check there may be £2K worth of work to be done before they will put a warranty on it.

The C4S will hold it's value better than a C2 (IMO), but you will have to get a higher mileage one, if your budget is even £40K.

But in 12 months, who knows what the prices may have done.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135741

Thanks for that, just what I figured really.

The C4S on a 02 plate 40k, still hanging around £40,000, but who knows in 6-12 months maybe a few less ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135756

There have been a couple of very nice C4S' up at £38k.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135766

Have noticed a few at that price, but normally 50-60k on the clock. I'm fine with that, but then selling it with 70-80k ?????

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135778

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by newboy on 25 April 2007

Thanks for that, just what I figured really.

The C4S on a 02 plate 40k, still hanging around £40,000, but who knows in 6-12 months maybe a few less ?
Pretty safe to assume that they will move about £3K in the next year.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135831

Thanks for that.

Thats what I'm thinking at the moment.

Do you agree with my comment on the miles. Buying at 50k is fine, selling at 70-80k is dodgy. Not for any mechanical reasons, just for the desirability factor?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135996

Loads of 996s are approaching 80K miles now, so in 3-4 years it will not be unuual at all. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136009

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stoker
Back