Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Pricing

Max Bowler

Just got back off holiay to Oz and I didn't realise just how big the pricing gap is between markets(never particulary interested before to tell the truth). I saw a high mileage 2004mk2 GT3 for the equivilant of 90k sterling. I paid less than 41 for mine 7 months old(2nd hand cars here aren't worth much, a 2 year old 360 modena just sold here for 35k,with 2500km on it)with a third of the mileage of the car in Oz.Has anyone else seen such drastic price ranging, I think some of the scandinavian countries get hit high on tax as well.

Max

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135011

Look at the US market mate if you want to see price difference - for instant a decent 993 over there will be between say US$20-25,000. Very similar in £ here, meaning that the US cars are round about half the money that we pay. Seems to apply across the board there too, not just with porsche.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135012

I suppose with america, it seems worse at the moment as the dollar is so weak. The australian dollar is probably the strongest it's ever been. A new GT3 RS is nearly 160k sterling oer there, I love my SYmk2, but not that much.

Max

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135013

I guess you have to pay a huge tax when you purchase European cars in Aus, thus inflated the market price.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135014

Must be huge, haven't been on the internet for a month while on holiday, how is your RS Mick? Is everything now finished to your satisfaction?

Max

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135018

Ours are worth more.. Cos we look after them better ! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135020

Buy the cars from the US, ship them to Oz and make a killing.

Hi Ho Hi Ho It's off to Oz I go

With a GT3 and a turbero

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Hi Ho.

(Sorry I will get my coat :oops: )

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135021

Aus car import tax is massive. ??150% or something like that?? And it nearer 300% in Singapore!

The RS is awsome! Feels much faster than the C2, much better handling, and the noise!!! the noise is great with the CG box and race cat! Just got the seats and 6-point harness, only waiting for the BBS wheels now. Are you coming to Bedford in May?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135024

It's only 3 in the afternoon and Dave is p*ssed a fart!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135027

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 23 April 2007

Oi Cheeky git! I am merely in a good mood :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135035

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dave on 23 April 2007

Previous poster said:

Oi Cheeky git! I am merely in a good mood :D
Scotty not back yet then? :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135038

Love to come to Bedford but sadly I think the 3000 mile drive from Saudi may finish my backside off in the GT3. I know it says West Brom, but I haven't lived there for ages and every time I try to change it, it reverts back to West Brom. Seriously thinking about shipping my car to Oz, it's trouble with it being LHD though, I will only be able to use it at tracks. Mind with the state of the roads outside cities over there and the draconianly enforced speed limits, that may be a good thing.

Changing tack somewhat, the local Bugatti dealer has a Veyron in the showroom, will post photos tomorrow, it wasn't there when I went on holiday, your's for 6.2 million riyals( abot 800k)

Max

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135109

Previous poster said:

Is that wrong? :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135132

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dave on 23 April 2007

Buy the cars from the US, ship them to Oz and make a killing.

Hi Ho Hi Ho It's off to Oz I go

With a GT3 and a turbero

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Hi Ho.

(Sorry I will get my coat :oops: )
LOL :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135135

As an Aussie myself I can confirm that there is indeed a 'luxury car' tax in Australia which radically inflates the price of Porsches and other luxury cars.

If you want to import a car without having to pay import duty, you have to have owned the car for 12 months.

I'm thinking about taking mine back with me. Just have to fit a new speedo (km/h). Even with transport it works out cheaper! :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135299

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back