Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dashboard light

Adit

Silverstone
hey guys,

I need some of your knowledge on changing dashboard bulbs...

I have a 3.4 996 and the display which shows the clock | oil display (where its counts down from 5 then displays how much oil is left) has gone vey dim... the rest of the dials and displays are nice and bright...so I assume a bulb has gone? had a look in the manual and it doesn't even touch on the topic....Any help appreciated.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134729

worth giving that side a tap to see if it isnt a loose conection

i'll see if sidporsche knows ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134752

afraid I'vre tried that...that's also something I try when I notice I only have a quarter of a tank of petrol left!!! thanks for looking into it for me.

Does anyone know how to remove the dials?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134755

To remove the instrument binnacle, you need to extract the surround from around the hazzard warning light and where the microphone (when fitted) is, on the other side. An old credit card, my Shell V-Power one works well with it's curved corner. Behind these are 2 Torx T-20 screws, remove these and pull the binnacle off, the binnacle has 3 wiring looms and an additional one for the hazzard warning light, remove these and the whole lot comes loose.

You're on your own from there!

Damian

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134759

thanks Damian, I guess its work for a free weekend...which unfortunately for me isn't for a few weeks. not sure if there is a bulb there, as its part of the display...think I'll ring opc to ask if its covered? As I have a feeling it may be a display board???

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134791

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back