Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Picked up my first Porsche today

Dejan

Spa-Francorchamps
After 27 years from the time I promised myself as an 8 year old that I will one day have a 911, I finally picked my very first one today from Chiswick.

A late 51 (02) Carrera 4 3.6 Cabriolet Tiptronic Arctic Silver Metropolo Blue interior, dark blue hood, hardtop, gizmos that I still dont understand (I've come from an 89 E class merc...I love her to bits too but was being hailed as a minicab too often)

What can I say apart from Im over the moon, today drove straight from OPC Chiswick to Oxford, on a few country roads and then back to west London all at a relatively gentle pace. Im not sure how accurate the petrol guage is but I only used about 15 pounds of petrol on over a 110 mile journey travelling at regulation speeds.

But the best bit....the engine, the sound and that feeling of the car, how safe and solid it feels, love it to pieces already and am completely comfortable driving her.

Big thanks to Jamie at Eurolease for sorting the financing out so quickly at great ref rates and conditions, look forward to meeting you soon sir.

Nigel at OPC West London for being so patient during the past two weeks with my questions, nagging and decision making.

Cheers to you guys on this forum and other forums for the valuable information these sites provide.

Finally to my Mother who as a very talented seemstress has resolved the safe storage of my hard top by promising to sew a hard top cover/bag to store in during the summer months. Love you mum!

Dejan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134555

Lets hope we have the weather to enjoy the cabs this summer!

Congrats!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134561

Great news Dejan

Another West Londoner !

Look forward to the pics

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134562

Nice one Dejan!!! Look forward to the the pics.

Pleasure doing business with you.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134568

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dejan on 21 April 2007

I promised myself as an 8 year old that I will one day have a 911,

But the best bit....the engine, the sound and that feeling of the car, how safe and solid it feels, love it to pieces already and am completely comfortable driving her.
Congrats! I bet that promise was based on how the car looked and the best bit is when you find out that there is so much more to it than that...happy for you! You know the 997 advert with the kid?? Its so true and so Porsche!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134583

Congratulations Dejan!......pleased for you......most of us have made that 'promise' to ourselves along the way!........enjoy!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134586

Well done...

Am I the first to say...

This thread is useless without pics!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134592

Cheers Guys,

Will post pictures soon. Still can't stop grinning, can't stop going to the garage and just looking at her after work.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135441

Nice one... hope the car continues to bring much joy. You will find the fuel economy decreases as your confidence increases!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135452

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back