Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

No more GT3s

more spin, in the same way they said they won't make the C4 when the new 997 came out, so everyone bought the C2 then low and behold they brought out the C4 !!

same spin that said there would be no 997 GT2

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134160

Deposits for later build cars are being returned. Whether this is to increase demand or to soak up excess they might have I don't know.

There's lots of rumours circulating about a 3.8RS Mk2, but at present it seems to be pure speculation.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134166

Yep - MK1 deposits being returned, will be a MK2 though!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134173

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 20 April 2007
Yep - MK1 deposits being returned, will be a MK2 though!

Or will there? :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134367

I will be amazed if Porsche do not build a 3.8GT3...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134383

Amazingly, I was asked two weeks ago if I would like to put a deposit on a GT3 RS. Seems that the biggest OPC dealer still has slots to fill! So you know where to go if you want one.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135322

It seems to have been a marketing strategy (I don't know by whom) since the mid 1980's to suggest that a model will not be offered again once production ceases. This happended with the turbo when 930 production stopped and prices went mad. It is fair to say that the cab did not reappear until the 996 model but I was also in Stuggart when someone was considering a deposit on a 997GTRS that I'd understood, Porsche were not going to remake.

Don't know anything about the returning of deposits so it would be interesting to know if that is true.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135333

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 20 April 2007

I will be amazed if Porsche do not build a 3.8GT3...
Ture Ade - but the MK 1 will always be better! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135342

not so! A 3.8GT3 based on the new 3.8 engine would be worth the price of admission. :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135351

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back