Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 - GEO settings

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel on 17 April 2007
That all means nothing to me..
But thanks anyway..
:D

Get to know it! It's the GT3 secret code :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133491

It's like looking at the matrix, all numbers and symbols and stuff

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133493

Dan,

Before you go to Parr, speak to Steve at JZM, they are cheaper (it seems) and alot of GT3'ers use them.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133591

Oh and don't tell him that I sent you, or he'll kill me :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133592

Previous poster said:
Good info there Damain !

Previous poster said:

Quote: Originally posted by Daniel on 17 April 2007

Good Morning all..

I am going to put my new baby in for a GEO, had a chat with PARR and they have said a Stage 1 set up is what I need (30% track and 70% road use), this comes out at £550+vat.

Is this the set up I need ? They do ; Standard - Stage 1 - Stage 2 - Stage 3.

:?

Dan, stick to Stage 1.... ring JZ for a quote to compare and then ask Parr to compare but Parr is local to you and will do an equally good job

forget the max effect, I've got the full Nurburgring set up on mine, which has been softened by a notch by JZ in the UK and it's still very undriveable on London bumpy roads

regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133640

Thanks Admin..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133671

Sundeep - you may have had the ARBs softened a notch, but I can tell you that it's still on v.stiff (compression/rebound) settings with a lot of room for relaxing them if need be.

Dan - If the left tyre and right tyre are wearing equally evenly on the inner shoulders of the tyres, then the car simply has too much camber toe *for the kind of driving it is subject too*.

JZM generally do not give out geo settings as each car has a slightly different setting depending on the weight of the driver, tyres used, driving usage, style, abilities of the driver, and importantly - feedback of the driver. A proper geo done by JZM will need a conversation with Steve McHale who can recommend certain settings based on your feedback. I know he is always keen to get the geo *right* for your abilities/usage, so a return visit to tweak/fine tune is not uncommon.

But a proper geo is critical to getting the proper handling out of a GT3. And one size does not fit all.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133829

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 18 April 2007

Sundeep - you may have had the ARBs softened a notch, but I can tell you that it's still on v.stiff (compression/rebound) settings with a lot of room for relaxing them if need be.
aye, aye, sort of like giving you a head start before the lion catches you up and takes your head off, rather then a face to face ! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133833

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 18 April 2007

Dan - If the left tyre and right tyre are wearing equally evenly on the inner shoulders of the tyres, then the car simply has too much camber toe *for the kind of driving it is subject too*. JZM generally do not give out geo settings as each car has a slightly different setting depending on the weight of the driver, tyres used, driving usage, style, abilities of the driver, and importantly - feedback of the driver. A proper geo done by JZM will need a conversation with Steve McHale who can recommend certain settings based on your feedback. I know he is always keen to get the geo *right* for your abilities/usage, so a return visit to tweak/fine tune is not uncommon. But a proper geo is critical to getting the proper handling out of a GT3. And one size does not fit all.
So you would say JZM over PARR (stage 1)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133844

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel on 18 April 2007
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 18 April 2007[/i:1a6Pw83mrE]
Dan - If the left tyre and right tyre are wearing equally evenly on the inner shoulders of the tyres, then the car simply has too much camber toe *for the kind of driving it is subject too*.

JZM generally do not give out geo settings as each car has a slightly different setting depending on the weight of the driver, tyres used, driving usage, style, abilities of the driver, and importantly - feedback of the driver. A proper geo done by JZM will need a conversation with Steve McHale who can recommend certain settings based on your feedback. I know he is always keen to get the geo *right* for your abilities/usage, so a return visit to tweak/fine tune is not uncommon.

But a proper geo is critical to getting the proper handling out of a GT3. And one size does not fit all.
So you would say JZM over PARR (stage 1)

No, not necessarily. I don't have experience of what a Parr Stage 1 setting is, but I have always found my car to be set up really well by JZM. Steve has changed my geo settings countless times to suit my driving ability in the car as it has changed over the past 20k miles or so. I just think that there are too many variables involved for a one size fits all approach (or 3 for that matter), unless the car is used only on the road and will never be pushed beyond tootling around.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133850

After hearing nothing but great things I will be taking my baby to FEARNSPORT, for her Geo and corning weights..

I am waiting for them to confirm, but it should be 2nd May, in time for Bedford on the 11th and the 'Ring 26th and 27th !!

Will let you know how I get on !!

:D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134369

Saw your posts on PH. Andy Fearns is a good chap and get his stuff from other indies...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134381

So you would say his fine to look after the ArticExpress ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134384

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back