Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

induction roar (RAAAR)

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Niall H on 19 April 2007
Any further comments on the kit now its been fitted for a couple of days Tim?

Cheers,
N

Like has the MAF died yet, or the car feels really sluggish in this heat.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133969

Err seems as good as it did initially, in theory the kit allows a freer flow of cool air than the standard box (heat shielded from the rest of the engine bay too).

I'm perhaps not the best person to talk to on the mechanics of it. i understand the theory but i'm sure someone more knowledgable can correct me if i'm wrong. In short it still makes a really nice noise and the car feels just as good.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133970

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Niall H on 17 April 2007
Sounds good Tim!

I've not had my 996 for that long either.. (about 1.5 mths), so still acclimatising to it as well!
It is quick, .....but as you say, 23.4 hp at wheels is a fair old improvement and even if it was HALF of that it would still be good value for money !!

N

It will never be close to 23hp, more like 2.3hp.....if you're lucky! Register and read the 'reviews' on Rennlist/Renntech before you go ahead and buy.

The one thing it does do is increase the induction noise, I had a Fabspeed CAI on my C4S and used a higher quality BMC F1 filter....lots of noise, very little if any performance boost.

You'll need to remap, change manifold before you need to improve the breathing.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133971

Damian, Is MAF death a possibility with these then? In terms of noise it does sound better than it did and the throttle response does feel quicker but as for performance i can't comment...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133977

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back