Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheels

Not sure about black on a seal cab. The wheel design however, I think looks fab on a cab. I have the sport design II wheels (similar spoke shape) on my arctic cab, and IMO it lifts the look of my early 996. Buggers to clean though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 132285

As wheels go, they look nice but trying to picture them on your car Scott and have to say that I think the ones you have suit the car better.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 132298

How much do they weigh? Are they lighter than the Porsche OEM wheels, if not they will affect the drive, handling and stopping.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 132405

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Marcus Quigley on 13 April 2007

How much do they weigh? Are they lighter than the Porsche OEM wheels, if not they will affect the drive, handling and stopping.
I doubt if they are lighter than the 5 spokes that Scott already has, as they are very light wheels at about 9.5kgs per corner.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 132444

Hi i have a set of hollow spokes for sale if you were interested in some light ones - have a look on the parts forum....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134254

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 13 April 2007

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Marcus Quigley on 13 April 2007

I doubt if they are lighter than the 5 spokes that Scott already has, as they are very light wheels at about 9.5kgs per corner.
9.5kg per corner? My - that is light! I once bought some VW 17" replica alloys for my Golf some time ago and these were 19kg per corner! They messed up the handling no end, used more fuel, took longer to accelerate/brake and was a waste of money imo even though they looked nicer than the original 16".

~ Maxie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134275

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back