Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C2 vs 4S

GGiles

I previously owned a C2 996. I have never 'come back' to a car before - so the 911 is a first for me. I want to ensure that I get that loving feeling again - and thought initially that I should go for the 'next one up' rather than feeling like I am putting a favourite old pair of shoes back on.

In reality - I loved the C2. And rumour has it that the C4S is not quite as quick with not quite so much feeback through the wheel. Now I am not a real hand - so doubt I would notice it in the real world.

Anyone had experience of owning both in the past and any thoughts as to which is truly the doggies danglies?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131632

in 996 spec the C4S is much more, almost everything but a TT although a few agrue it just holds a bigger dress for the same car as the C2

then it comes down to the wider body 4wd verses 2wd

note - one for the 996 forum.. moved !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131640

I tried various 996s before going for a C4S... a few observations;

- the performance is so similar as you wouldn't notice

- the handling on road is great. I can't speak for the track, but on the road the extra security of 4wd is a good thing, and it gives the steering a lovely weighty feel with oodles of feedback. I dare say the trackmeisters would say the 2wd makes a standard car more tweakable around track corners, but thats a compromise I'm happy to take for not driving through the hedge on a wet winter evening!

- I personally love the "J-Lo" rear styling of the 4S, with the rear relector, and the turbo wheels/brakes.

- the whole car has a 'sorted' feel that goes far beyond just a C4 with a turbo body. The suspension for example is specific to this car, and not just the Turbo chassis or normal C4 chassis.

As Evo magazine put it in 2002 "C4S- the best 911 in the current range"

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131679

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Robertb on 11 April 2007
- I personally love the "J-Lo" rear styling of the 4S, with the rear relector, and the turbo wheels/brakes.

Does it for me too :lol: :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131699

Performance wise - you will probably be able to drive the C4S quicker, down to the 4WD. Looks wise, the C4S is also a winner for me. A fine looking car indeed.

(I have a C2 by the way!)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131717

Depends if you need room up front !!

I play in a band and with the surprisingly big boot on the C2 is very useful rather than the little box on the C4S (&Turbo)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 132112

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back