Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Going to look at a GT3

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by David Hawkings on 09 April 2007
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by damianc4s on 06 April 2007
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by vin_r1 on 06 April 2007 I think your right Mick, I know I have to be patient rather than rushing and getting the first one I see.[/i:2QK1Uhm8d8]
I've had a couple of GT3 offered to me in the last few days. A silver Jan 04/53, Dealer Fit Roll cage, bucket seats racing harnesses x 2, Climate, FPSH, 19kmiles for £50995 does this interest you?

Damian
Is this the same car that Gmund have had on the books for some time at £49,995?

Don't know, I was looking and someone passed on these details....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131334

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by vin_r1 on 06 April 2007
He's just told me that the front break disc's have cracks in them (didn't notice them) and will get them replaced by someone he knows but that will mean the price going up as well :(

Hi, just back from a long weekend away! The OEM Porsche brake discs are designed to crack, and they are serviceable until the cracks are longer than 5mm or they have reached the edge of the disc.

I would have expected the car to be serviced within the first 2k miles (an oil change), otherwise the car should be serviced regularly like any other 911.

I'd recommend having the car PPI'd by an expert who knows what to look for - it will take out a lot of the guesswork and give you a fair and objective assessment.
:)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131339

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by vin_r1 on 06 April 2007

I think your right Mick, I know I have to be patient rather than rushing and getting the first one I see.

Brakes are nothing to worry about.. I found the chap a bit...'do you want it ? if not someone else will'

Its not worth losing it for a set of disc's !! If you like the car, find out the price form Parr or JZM, get it faxed over or printed off show the owner, and split the price ! There hard to come across "a Nice GT3" (and the MK1's are like gold dust :wink: )

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131358

Just picking up on this thread late, hope my comments are still relevant.

Never just accept a clearance fax passed to you by the vendor in respect of outstanding finance. Always do your own HPI to get the up to date status, if it is still showing as on finance, try to speak with the finance company directly (the vendor will have to consent to this). Make sure that the agreement number on the clearance fax matches that of HPI etc.

In respect of the V5, I don't understand why he has kept in own name to keep down number of keepers as he has had to declare this on sale anyway. In any case, registered keeper aside it is legal title that you need to be concerned with. As he is not the registered keeper I would want to see the invoice from the previous vendor / dealer - if this is made out to a finance company there has been finance, I would want to see copy finance agreement and if it corresponds with HPI/clearance info then you know that the vendor has legal title to pass on to you.

All in my opinion of course..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131368

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back