Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

ABS/PSM light up

A wise man once said to me "A man who does not blow his own trumpet will find his trumpet remains unblown"

Are there any ways of telling if the MAF sensor is on the way out apart from a chorus of "check engine" lights?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135328

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Robertb on 24 April 2007

A wise man once said to me "A man who does not blow his own trumpet will find his trumpet remains unblown"

Are there any ways of telling if the MAF sensor is on the way out apart from a chorus of "check engine" lights?
You start to lose a bit of power - but it is almost impossible to notice. You only really realise how bad it was, when you get the new one put in.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135367

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Wattie on 23 April 2007

Am I allowed to gloat a bit now for getting the correct diagnosis? :twisted:
Actually, looking back over the start of the thread, I think stats007 was on it before you!

How much does one of these MAF thingies cost?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135455

Previous poster said:
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Wattie on 23 April 2007Am I allowed to gloat a bit now for getting the correct diagnosis?
smiley15.gif
Actually, looking back over the start of the thread, I think stats007 was on it before you!
[/i:pqQTCNNO0a]

From Porsche around £230+VAT using the 986 MAF, this is what my local OPC put on my old C4S. You can pick them up cheaper from Euro Car Parts as this is a standard Bosch item.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135557

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Wattie on 23 April 2007

Am I allowed to gloat a bit now for getting the correct diagnosis? :twisted:

Beg your pardon Stats007... Spot on :oops:

I got my MAF and the brake pedal switch done by the OPC in Stuttgart (was there anyway) for €360 all in, and they did it while I waited, without a prior appointment!

Have to say the service was fantastic - especially as no-one in service really spoke any English, and my schoolboy German stops at ordering food and drink (and asking the way to the Town Hall for some peculiar reason!)

I can strongly recommend a trip to Germany if you've got a major job coming up - it seems to be much cheaper - and a German OPC stamp in the book would impress me!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135573

Thanks- Not too scary then.

I can't even start to imagine how with schoolboy German you managed to explain what the fault was... "excusen me, mein automobilen haben ein problem mit der ABS/PSM winkerblinker..." would me my best guess!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135593

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back