Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Update on Dan's New GT3

sh*t evening...

I get a call at lunch from the owner "all funds are clear"..(start Insurance)

Then get another call at 5.45 "The funds are not fully clear as yet"

To say I am pi$$ed off.........!!!!

I am sorry I have not posted earlier.. Been on the phone to my bank and his..(plus I may of posted some naughty words with the way I was feeling)

Don't worry people... Good things come to them who wait..

Fingers crossed for tomorrow ! (but my bank says maybe tue with the bank holiday weekend)

:(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130287

Oh Dan...

sorry to hear that. :roll:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130291

Sorry Dan - hope it gets sorted tomorrow.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130295

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel on 04 April 2007
sh*t evening...
I get a call at lunch from the owner "all funds are clear"..(start Insurance)
Then get another call at 5.45 "The funds are not fully clear as yet"
To say I am pi$$ed off.........!!!!
I am sorry I have not posted earlier.. Been on the phone to my bank and his..(plus I may of posted some naughty words with the way I was feeling)
Don't worry people... Good things come to them who wait..
Fingers crossed for tomorrow ! (but my bank says maybe tue with the bank holiday weekend)

Sorry to hear that! The purchaser of my C4S is in a similar sort of situation, she wanted to be in her by the weekend, now it looks like middle of next week.

Don't let this get you down :lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130305

Is it just me that thinks that this whole shutting down of the entire UK banking system for 4 days is just cr$p in the 21st Century?

And what's all this about shutting at 4;30 PROMPT every weekday

We have most retailers open all weekend, every weekend, and a tiny proportion of the population practicing Christians, yet the banks somehow get away with their old-fashioned part-time ways. It doesn't take a computer 3 seconds to transfer money, let alone 3 'working days' (a whole week this week!)

I'm in the wrong business! clearly :(

Bad luck Dan...

(Can't you CHAPS the money tomorrow? It'll cost £20 (I think) but has to be worth it?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130317

I got lucky with my last sale and the guy who bought was also a Lloyds customer so the transfer was free and immediate. Saved the CHAPS fee.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130321

when we bought ours the transfer was done within the afternoon paying the CHAPS fee. in the bank at 12 pm, funds cleared in account by 3 pm.

Cost £35 or something but way better than waiting (was so excited that 2 drops of w*e came might have out at that point :oops: )

Agree on the bank thing though. Bet you don;t wait 4 days for them to take an overdraft charge from you...

Sucks though Dan, hope you get it sorted today.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130347

have you given him a cheque???

telegraphic transfer is same day, same as when you buy a house!

if you haven't used a TT then, doh!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130357

I was all happy to use Chaps, But the owner and my Bank said "no don't worry, it will be clear"

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130358

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 05 April 2007

have you given him a cheque???telegraphic transfer is same day, same as when you buy a house!if you haven't used a TT then, doh!

Using a TT is definately the fastest way :D
(Sorry)

Hope it clears today Dan - Don't think I could stand another night of you crying in your beer.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130365

The chap I am buying the car from is a bit 'old school'.. He wanted cleared funds in his account... And asked for a Draft to be put into his account !!

When I went to the bank, they said it will be clear by yesterday.

Fu#k it.. when it clears it clears..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130367

Dan, if you get the issueing Bank to confirm to his Bank that the Draft is bonafide then there shouldn't be an issue.

I work for a Bank, whats the point in asking for a Draft and then makinig you wait for days for it to clear, madness!

He should have asked for a TT FFS

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130368

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 05 April 2007

Dan, if you get the issueing Bank to confirm to his Bank that the Draft is bonafide then there shouldn't be an issue.I work for a Bank, whats the point in asking for a Draft and then makinig you wait for days for it to clear, madness!He should have asked for a TT FFS
Thanks Poon.. I will give him a call

Always thought you were were a bit of a banker !! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130370

Any update?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130483

No news is good news....

or so they say

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130488

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members