Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Greetings from a would-be 930 owner.

Hello, tell me what you are looking for I may come across it on my own search for a 930 We can help each other?.

SEE YA

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129338

SEE YA

I am looking for:

- A 930 Coupe either turbo or Supersport

- A car with fewer than about 80k -90k miles.

- Either a Guards red one in A1 order OR one with a sensible trim colour that I can paint metallic green (as per my link above). So it would need to have leather in black / natural / cream or whatever none of the blues.

- It will probably be HPI clear.

- If it has BBS wheels so much the better.

- Ideally it will be mechanically sound.

- If the air con works I'll be delighted.

- I will pay whatever it takes to get what I want. I won't over-pay for something second-rate, but if someone offers me a car with a genuine 10k miles I will pay the right money.

I know you are looking for a black one, but outside of that what is your requirement?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129349

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Manks on 31 March 2007

SEE YA

I am looking for:

- A 930 Coupe either turbo or Supersport

- A car with fewer than about 80k -90k miles.

- Either a Guards red one in A1 order OR one with a sensible trim colour that I can paint metallic green (as per my link above). So it would need to have leather in black / natural / cream or whatever none of the blues.

- It will probably be HPI clear.

- If it has BBS wheels so much the better.

- Ideally it will be mechanically sound.

- If the air con works I'll be delighted.

- I will pay whatever it takes to get what I want. I won't over-pay for something second-rate, but if someone offers me a car with a genuine 10k miles I will pay the right money.

I know you are looking for a black one, but outside of that what is your requirement?

Pedant hat on

I believe that for accuracy there is no such thing as a 930 Supersport, the 930 tag is reserved solely for Turbo variants of the range

And, you're going to buy aperfectly good SS or turbo and colour change it?

Irrespective of how ell you do it it wont help the cars residual value and onward saleability

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129351

I stand corrected on the model name.

I am buying this car for my enjoyment, not for the person that might buy it from me. So, as long as I enjoy it it doesn't matter to me much whether the next owner would have preferred I'd left it painted brown. Furthermore, I anticipate that I will have the car for years. So loss of value is not a prime consideration.

I should be clear that if I buy a low miles car in a half decent colour (white, red, blue for example) I am not going to go to the trouble of changing it. This is especially the case if the car was top dollar in the first place. But if the car I buy needs paint anyway, I will probably paint it a colour I like - so it would be Guards red or whatever that met green colour is called.

I am torn between the green and the red acually. I like the green because of a car I recall from my youth which I was hugely envious of. But the Guards red one is a nice safe bet. Firstly my wife would go in the red one, and she will not go in gren cars. Secondly, even though as you mention a colour change is not value enhancing, I believe that if a dodgy colour has been changed well (all visible parts) to Guards, the value may well be enhanced.

Manks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129354

Fair enough, each to their own,

I do believe there is a member on here potentially selling his Supersport (red)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129355

Posts as Gazzarc and I believe may be open to enquiries judging from recent posts,

Gazza I apologise if tis is not the case

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129358

I have messaged hm, but I note his profile says he is in Germany!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129394

I think he lives up norf and works in London.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129397

Any deal done yet.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130584

Carl

No, I am viewing on Monday. However. a Guards Red Turbo has come up with low miles for only a grand more. I will make a choice when I have seen both.

Do you know Gary's SS? PM me if you would be so kind, with any comments good or bad. Better to do it off line that way no embarrassment is caused.

PM

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130696

Manks, sorry I don't know Garys SS but it seems genuine enough.

Seems like a nice guy from posts on here.

You need to look at it really, like any car.

Good luck, if you need any pointers PM me if I can help I will.

Regards Carl.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131045

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartynT
Back