Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Greetings from a would-be 930 owner.

Manks

Trainee
Hello All

I am currently in the process of looking for a 75-89 930 coupe. The wide body turbo 911 has always been a favourite car of mine since in about 1983 I saw one like this:
http://www.performance2and4.co.uk/9113.3T_1_n.htm
in Tonbridge in Kent.

I don't like green cars as a rule, but the beautiful curves of the wide body and some lovely BBS wheels made the car the stuff of dreams. Now that I am a bit older I am planning to recreate that car. The only thing that might deviate me from that course is if I find a very good 930 in an acceptable colour which is too good to change. (there's a white 930 on Autotrader for £24k at present but it has black and white leather, which isn't my taste).

So my ideal car is probably one with a good interior that hasn't done a million miles, but which needs body attention. What the chances are of finding one is another matter.

My guess is that to buy a mint car I am looking at somewhere above £20k and to buy a good car that needs paint probably £15k plus? Though any comments would be appreciated.

Manks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129275

You will pay less than that. If you go for a supersport which is a turbo without a turbo if you know what i mean.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129276

Carl

I have not seen a Supersport coupe for sale since I don't know when.

Manks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129278

911virgin have ruby red one - looks stunning - 89f with a 5 speed box - £18k bug price (sold as seen) £20k fully warranted up, serviced etc

http://www.911virgin.com/930ujb.htm

Can’t vouch for 911virgin – but from what I have read etc they are supposedly pretty good at buying these older Porsches – so would expect it to be a good un

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129280

Yes, I have been in touch with them about it. It would make a good base car. Haven't had an answer on the HPI question yet.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129281

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Manks on 31 March 2007

Yes, I have been in touch with them about it. It would make a good base car. Haven't had an answer on the HPI question yet.

What HPI question?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129284

Whether its HPI clear.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129285

You can HPI a car yourself you know, if in doubt always do a check yourself which should give you better peace of mind and protection than taking it third hand.

http://www.theaa.com/car-data-checks/index.html

I've never dealt with 911virgin but when I was recently selling a car I contacted them to see if they were interested, which they weren't but they gave me a lot of advice, made a point of going away to check some values for me and called me back to advise me of where i should pitch private sale value - so my one bit of experience with them was Very helpful - certainly more helpful then most other indies.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129288

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Manks on 31 March 2007

Whether its HPI clear.

TBH I wouldnt have much doubt that 911 are straight dealers but you should do you own HPI check and confirm for yourself the cars status

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129290

Isnt Gazza still selling his Supersport.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129292

Sorry, welcome Manks.

Where abouts in the Midlands are you.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129296

Hello, first thing good luck in your search there are many that are over priced with people asking silly money for them .Hence a lot around that are not selling always have a HPI and PPI done if possible.

I have looked at many with a nice paint job and many horrors underneath it.It is very easy to let your heart rule your head and go and buy the first one you see.

I am after a black one which makes my search harder . You should be able to get a good one for about between £15k-£20k Some are still going for a lot more than that .Some people spent loads of money, on them and expect to get it back. When it come time to sell them, which of course does not happen in the real world.I have also been in touch with v911 not very helpful when you start asking questions e.g. miles.

SEE YA

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129320

Carl I am near Nottingham.

SEE YA I am familiar with HPI but what is PPI?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129332

PRE PURCHASE INSPECTION A few hundred pounds but better to lose that then buy a dog of a car I think.

SEE YA

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129333

SEE YA

Ah, I see. PPI, never heard it called that. You mean AA inspection or whatever?

I might not botther with that. I am actually a qualified vehicle electrician and mechanic (got all the City and Guilds and everything), albeit that I qualified in the early eighties and I have not worked in the motor industry for twenty years.

Whilst I am so out of touch you would not want me filling your windscreen washer bottle, I can probably remember enough not to get bitten. That said, of course, the determined conman will fool even the most diligent of inspectors.

Manks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129335

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back