Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Doors Lock/Unlock when Setting Off

MaKSiNG

Silverstone
Can someone tell me what Porsche (I guess an Indy could do this too) would charge to enable the feature where the doors automatically lock when setting off in the car and the doors automatically unlock when you pull the key from the ignition. I think its known as anti-hijack. I had this enabled on my Box S but cannot remember if I had it enabled or it is was already there when I bought that car. I know VW tried to charge me £60 to get this enabled in the past (its a 1 minute job)
eek.gif

Preferably somewhere in the south of England.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127536

It may only take a minute, but it needs somebody to have invested £thousands in Porsche PST2 diagnostics equipment and training for the technicians!

You'd have to do a hell of a lot of them to get your money back just by charging for the time taken!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127556

I had this feature turned on at my last service, I think they charged about £18, but to be quite honest I don't like it and I'm having it switched off.

It works far too soon (about 3mph) so even a small shunt in the drive and it locks, and because it takes either 2 pulls of the handle or a press of the button on the dash to unlock my passengers always struggle to get out.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127559

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Mark Greenwood on 25 March 2007
I had this feature turned on at my last service, I think they charged about £18, but to be quite honest I don't like it and I'm having it switched off.
It works far too soon (about 3mph) so even a small shunt in the drive and it locks, and because it takes either 2 pulls of the handle or a press of the button on the dash to unlock my passengers always struggle to get out.

Agreed! Mine autolocks although I wish it didn't sometimes!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127594

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back