Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Question for Robertb (Amongst others)

The 993 is absolutely fine in traffic at 100 degrees F. Mine didn't overheat at all in 2003 when in Europe for a trip to Italy and France for a month - that's when Heathrow got 100 degrees F and 10,000 French people died.
Its air and OIL cooled with a thermostatically controlled front oil cooler radiator with booster fan.
Oh - the aircon was fine too.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 126569

Oops - have I stirred up the old 993 vs 996 debate a bit more...?

I loved the character of the 993, but as a daily driver it is seriously compromised - and as I did 55,000 miles in one I should know! If Simon hadn't said he was planning to use it daily, I might have answered differently (and if mine wasn't a daily driver I would still have the 993).

Mine did get close to overheating a couple of times on the Brussels Ring (had to park under a bridge and wait for it to cool) and the air-con was nowhere near as efficient as the 996., and I did have to break up long journeys to stretch my legs due to the offset pedals...

I do miss the noise though :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 126572

I have very short legs - my first trip was Calais to Geneva (overnight stop) to an on-route stop in Germany then to Udine in Italy, then after a week to Rimini, after another week to Venice for 2 weeks (no driving!), then to Nice for a week, then Geneva (a stop at Sisteron overnight on the way) then Autun (overnight) in Burgundy then home to 95F in blighty.

The targa top makes a difference! :) :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 126596

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back