Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How many dipsticks in yours?

Jon Wright

Just wondering, how many dipsticks have people found in their oil tank? I've now pulled out 3 from mine! not that I think they can go anywhere but I really don't like the idea of stray dipsticks floating around in the bottm of the tank. I ended up removing the oil level sensor and fishing them out with a piece of bent wire. Think I got them all but it certainly surprised me to find that many "spares". Do porsche have excess stock they are trying to get rid of or somerthing? :D

Jon

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124706

Sell them on ebay! :D

If a fair proportion of owners do that you could be on a winner!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124709

lol, well they have been preserved in oil and do clean up very well!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124713

My engines been rebuilt recently no dipsticks found.LOL. :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124725

How does that happen?......surely you have to be a bit of a dipstick to put your dipstick in the wrong hole!.......or am I just.....being a dipstick!! :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124728

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by HML1473 on 14 March 2007

How does that happen?......surely you have to be a bit of a dipstick to put your dipstick in the wrong hole!.......or am I just.....being a dipstick!! :?
According to some of the recent threads on PH, putting your dipstick in the wrong hole is a more than common occurence! :eek:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124729

Their aren't half some dipsticks about. :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124757

I use the term LOL a lot but I really mean it this time. What the hell are you all talking about??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124760

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Jamie on 14 March 2007

I use the term LOL a lot but I really mean it this time. What the hell are you all talking about??
Jamie....keep up you dipstick! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124767

Two dipsticks

one in the engine compartment and the others in the driving seat :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131189

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back