Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 2008 Facelift ordered

What your after if you have 2 drivers is FULL electric seats as this has the memory option so that you can program the main driver for button 1 and the secondary driver on button 2.

It's quicker not to have electric seats at all though as you normally only adjust for reach between drivers and it saves weight and money. It takes an age for the seats to adjust on the motors.

My 745i was best as me and the misses had our own keys and when you unlocked it with your key it set everything up to your choices before you got in, even down to the radio stations and reach and rake of the steering wheel.

The adaptive seats pump air into mini bags under the leather to tighten on your sides and hold you in place... bit gadgety I think.

Cheers, Marco

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124882

The adaptive seats are still fully electric and have a memory function too i think? And i had the same feature in my old bmw, its a pity more manufactures dont adopt that system. It even setup the aircon to your personal preference too.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124884

IMHO Sports exhaust better money spent on re-sale than adaptive. I understand that a lot of people retro fit Sports Exhaust which is more expensive. Even the standard seats are electric movement back and forth with manual adjustment for height and pitch.

I understand what you are saying about cost of wheel centres and logo embossed however if you are keeping to a budget there are some better options that will get you more money in the future and a better driving experience.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124893

I have embossed head rests and coloured wheel centres on my Cayenne which i specc'd from new and I very much regret it now on re-sale as 1) those items have given me no pleasure and 2) the money would have been better spent on upgraded wheels to 19" over the 18" that I went for.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124895

Hmmm. im sooo torn now :p Ive ditched the cd changer in favour of the ipod route... tempted to go for sport exhaust > adaptive too and just get the regular sports seats and the short shifter, if anybody can explain exactly what it is?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124969

Hi,

My advise would be go for the options that suit you the most, personally I wanted my car with the chrono pack + sports exhaust + Turbo wheels as a must. Everyone has their own taste, what I wouldn't recommend is to go for options for the sake of re-sale and not enjoying the car whilst you have it!

Jag

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124981

Short shifter - as you correctly guessed Iqbaljeet, reduces the throw between each gear thus making shifting that bit quicker. I fitted one of these to my 1990 Mk2 Golf GTI way back when. It's funny, that kit cost me £10 and I installed it myself as it was just replacing one arm-rod with a shorter arm-rod. Shortened the throw by 50% - very noticeable and hugely satisfying. Funny how these simple gadgets have become way too complex these days.......but I am secretly suspecting, the principle is still the same for any other short-shifter today but used as a huge marketing exercise to up the cost of such an option.

~ Maxie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129775

Does anybody have any news on any engine tweeks for the facelift ???

I know hints of 15-20 BHP have been suggested, but anyone know for sure ???

Cheers

G.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129783

Glenn, there is no way they will release that sort of info while the pre-facelift car is for sale. So unless we know someone in the factory, not sure we are going to find this out. It would kill the sales of the current model.

I would be very surprised if it isn't 15bhp though. Expect they will tell us in August/September, especially if the car goes on sale a couple of months after that.

That bit extra and a powerkit, would take a C2S to about 400bhp! That would be quite a car!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129799

A decent and sensible spec on that list.

• Porsche crested seats are a nice touch (imho they should be standard)
  • Sports Exhaust a must
  • Adaptive seats are pricey and not necessary. If you really need the additional lateral support, get some proper bucket Recaros
  • Heated seats are nice if you plan on driving the car during the winter on a regular basis
  • Skip the CD changer - superfluous these days with the iPod
In terms of radar/laser/GPS safety cam device, I can recommend the Origin B2 which can be mounted/hard wired in quite discretely within an hour. The actual unit can also be removed from the cradle in an instant if necessary to keep out of thieves eyes.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129802

IMHO don't buy a 997 without the Sports Exhaust, worth every penny and sounds divine, especially with BP102 and a cold day.

Adaptive are nice, i have them , but normal sports seats are fine and the time it takes to adjust them would be well spent while you warm up the engine and simply listen to that gorgeous exhaust.

CD changer is a waste of time, and the rest is up to you. I have the chrono pack but i don't track her so it's a little wasted. It does look good though!

The only other thing i would change is to go for the thicker steering wheel, i think it adds a little something. have you also considered the SS sill plates to protect the entry, they are a nice touch.

whatever you end up having it will be great, after a year with mine i still can't stop smiling ever time i see it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129926

Have to thank everyone on this thread, ive changed my spec thanks to all of the great advice. Basically ive ditched the adaptive sports seats and im getting the regular sports seats. The cd changer goes in favour of an ipod setup. Added the sports exhaust + short shifter, and the Turbo wheels. Its a pity ive got to wait 6months... i only wish i hadn't sold my own car last month. Summer in a 6yr old primera estate isnt much fun at all :(
Migration info. Legacy thread was 130501

Sounds like you have got a pretty good spec there. Do you want to post the full order up again? Easy for everyone else just to copy it then! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130525

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reesy
Back