Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 upgrade bumpers??

aurajourney

i gotta 996 C2 2000, and bought a GT3 front bumper to upgrade the look of the car, i was told that a Turbo 996 bumper with the grills will fit the rear with a little fiddling on the exhaust side etc.. Does any have any knowledge of trying this also is the turbo and C4s rear bumper the same as it looks like?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124551

Front will fit ok but the PU spacers and some plastic trims behind the standard bumper have to be removed. Unless you have the 3rd. rad. leave the middle panel in. Not sure about rears, isnt the C4S a big bum? Might need more than just the exhausts welding up....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124552

From wot i can gather i need to get a pair of down pipes that throw the tails a little futher out as its a big bum..thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124591

Surely the turbo/c4s is wider at the back... the 4S bumper will be too wide for a standard car won't it? Or maybe it tapers in... dunno.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124663

the rear wings on a turbo/c4s are wider so i cant see how a wide body bumper will fit a narrow body car,

Plus you need to consider how a GT3 front spoiler/ PU will affect the aerodynamics without a rear spoiler

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124671

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew bulloch7
Back