Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which one would you have?

stats007

Montreal
Just looking for people's opinions on a few cars. I suppose my ideal car would be Basalt black with black leather, sports seats, Litronic, PSM, PCM, PSE, Split rims, Alloy pack, Sound pack, Colour-coded dials, 2 or 3 owners and a full OPC history with warranty. Some of these cars have most of these but not all so which is really essential? I realise I may never find the car that ticks all the boxes so need to cross a few things off of my list.

1999 Black Carrera 4

2000 Artic Silver Carrera 2

1999 Arctic Silver Carrera 4

1999 Black Carrera 2

2000 Arctic Silver Carrera 2

2000 Arctic Silver Carrera 2

Migration info. Legacy thread was 123510

Couldn't get a few of the links to work.

Sound Pack is a good one and retrofitting is a bit of a pain if there are no door speakers already. PSM can't really be retrofitted. So if you really want it, the car has to have it. I don't have it in my 3.4 and it doesn't make the car any less driveable, jst you have to pay attention in the wet.

On a 2000 car, many will have seen 4 owners (in seven years). When you look at cabs a lot of these get changed year year. Good service history is obviously a must.

PSE can be added after. PCM1 is not great anyway and an aftermarket system could be added that would be much better. Colour coded dials can be added after.Alumium Pack can be added after.Split rims can be added after.HID headlights can be added after.

Things you can't change are Colour, condition and history. So given your list, but on them.

HTH.

Chris

Migration info. Legacy thread was 123514

Thanks - I'm not looking at cabriolets - just manual coupes. Carrera 4s all had PSM so I'm tempted by the black one with sport seats, PSE and full OPC history. I am assuming that these are all mint examples worth having of course.

Most of these have two or three owners - I will probably only keep the car for a year so need to bear in mind resale.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 123528

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by stats007 on 09 March 2007

Thanks - I'm not looking at cabriolets - just manual coupes. Carrera 4s all had PSM so I'm tempted by the black one with sport seats, PSE and full OPC history. I am assuming that these are all mint examples worth having of course.Most of these have two or three owners - I will probably only keep the car for a year so need to bear in mind resale.
Sounds like the best one for you - assuming the engine is 3.4 as opposed to 4.3! But I think £29K is a bit optimistic on his part for a T reg.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 123529

My thoughts entirely - £27k at most.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 123546

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by stats007 on 09 March 2007

Just looking for people's opinions on a few cars. I suppose my ideal car would be Basalt black with black leather, sports seats, Litronic, PSM, PCM, PSE, Split rims, Alloy pack, Sound pack, Colour-coded dials, 2 or 3 owners and a full OPC history with warranty. Some of these cars have most of these but not all so which is really essential? I realise I may never find the car that ticks all the boxes so need to cross a few things off of my list.

Out of your reqms, the cheaper/less important options are:
* Litronic/HIDs can be retrofitted £200
* Alloy pack can be retrofitted
* Colour coded dials can be retrofitted

Migration info. Legacy thread was 123593

Thanks - I figured some things could be retrofitted. How easy are split rims to get hold of - Sport Classics ideally though I know cleaning them will be a pain.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 123661

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by stats007 on 10 March 2007

Thanks - I figured some things could be retrofitted. How easy are split rims to get hold of - Sport Classics ideally though I know cleaning them will be a pain.
They come up fairly regulary, I have just sold a set actually. WIll cost £400 - £500 and will need a refurb. You can also still buy them from various part suppliers.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 123679

I've retrofitted PSE (supply and fit by Northways, £1500), HIDs £250 supplied by hids4u and fitted by Wrightune), and a carbon fibre gearknob £200 supplied by Carnewal fitted by Wrightune) so far...

The Bose/porsche sound system is good and would be expensive to retrofit.

Try Carnewal for parts- ask him for his best price.

Jasmine Porshalink or Porscheshop may sell reconditioned split rims for not too much.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124030

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back