Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 C4 help

Bubbles

Hello everyone, I am looking to buy my first Porsche and have seen the following:-

996 C4 Black, ruffled savannah, 47K, 2000. It's on Autotrader in Manchester.

Priced at £28K, what do you think?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122895

The price looks about right - though obviously plenty of other things to consider - warranty - service history - condition - owners - options etc etc.

Savannah leather is one of the least desired colours so bear that in mind for resale.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122896

I'm looking to keep it for 5 years as a weekend car so want the car for me, not the car to be able to sell later. No warranty as far as I know, good condition but would get Peter Morgan to have a look, 2 owners, PCM1. Drives better than a C2 (Blue/Savannah) at 911 Virgin I tried 4 weeks ago.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122897

If it checks out and you're happy then that's all that matters. I'm looking for a similar car - though not with that colour leather. Is it manual?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122905

That makes it £29K once a warranty on it, which is a bit expensive IMO. Try and get the OPC warranty included in the price.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122916

Shouldn't be too hard if it's a dealer - I usually manage a minimum of £1 - £2k off of the sticker price.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122919

Yes, it is a manual, tried a tip but thought there was too much going on out of my control to really enjoy it. As a daily drive in town I might be convinced otherwise, but for a weekend toy it has to be a manual for me. Got the link if you want to have a look ...

http://dealerservices.autotrader.co.uk/27835/harrison.htm

It has been there for a while, they used the excuse that a director has been using it , but only done 2k since major OPC service last May, so can't say I believed them. So, I think there might be some room for negotiation.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122927

Might be interested in this instead. As the leather is not savannah, stats007 might also be looking.

http://pistonheads.co.uk/sales/138317.htm

Although slightlyworried it might have been thrashed by a previous owner !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122956

I just bought a 99 c4 ocean blue/grey leather 58k miles 2 owners for £24k :)
If that helps

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122966

Looks a nice car.. nice options.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122976

Thanks Asim. Daniel, which one were you referring to?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122985

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Bubbles on 07 March 2007

Yes, it is a manual, tried a tip but thought there was too much going on out of my control to really enjoy it. As a daily drive in town I might be convinced otherwise, but for a weekend toy it has to be a manual for me. Got the link if you want to have a look ...

http://dealerservices.autotrader.co.uk/27835/harrison.htm

It has been there for a while, they used the excuse that a director has been using it , but only done 2k since major OPC service last May, so can't say I believed them. So, I think there might be some room for negotiation.

Bubbles,

Nice car, but a few points:

1. Those are the standard seats - not sport as described. Don't let that concern you though, they're great seats.

2. Stating the obvious, the 'facelift' referred to doesn't affect the car itself - only the sat nav screeen I presume.

3. The car's also got the small aluminium pack - note the trim around the gearshift gaiter and the handbrake - it really lifts the interior.

Happy hunting.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 123482

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back