Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 Buyer's guide

Are you going to use it mostly (completely) on the road?
I think so since it is a daily drive.
Are you sure a GT3 is really the best choice?

In the summer, on warm tyres, on a dry road, then it is not too shabby, as long as the road is pretty good. (This is the reason the 997 GT3 has the adjustable damping).
But in the rain and in the cold on a bumpy road, then I am not so sure it is quite the steed of choice.

Now, I would recommend a 996TT, especially with some upgrades, but that is a bit pricey.
So a C4S, as mentioned in a damn fine everyday car, even in the depths of winter.

Please try a few.
Porsche's aren't unreasonable to maintain, but they do get more expensive as you move up the models. Don't buy something you will struggle to maintain or willworry about using.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 123605

I would say that a standard c2 (without psm) offers the most rewarding drive on normal roads (especially after the 350z) as the 4wd feels more inert (my opinion) and a 3.6 would be just fine. Ive just driven the 997 GT3 RS and have to say what a fantastic engine and in normal suspension mode totally useable everyday. Based on this I would love to have a GT3 if I could live with 2 seats.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124404

once you drive a 3 the only decision will be which 3 to buy!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124408

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 13 March 2007

Have to agree...

Its just finding the bloody things...(nice ones that is)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124413

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel on 13 March 2007

Previous poster said:

Have to agree...

Too true, understand you found one that barked very loud. Get Poon's you know it makes sense :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124420

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 13 March 2007

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel on 13 March 2007

Previous poster said:

Have to agree...

Too true, understand you found one that barked very loud. Get Poon's you know it makes sense :)
It near on bit me !!

I would Love Poon's, but I can't go to the money he wants.. Never mind, half the fun should be looking for one ! If you'll all notice, I have not posted about any of the cars I have been to see... Don't want the "can't make his mind up" quotes !! :(

But will update you when I have found and bought her.. !!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124425

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back