Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Air Con

James Beverley

Hi All,
Last year I found that my air conditioning wasn't working owing to a corroded pipe of which I had both pipes replaced. There was also an issue with a mouse which had decided to make a nest out of the pollen filter. I have moved house since! Anyway I turned the air con on at the weekend after I had washed it and was surprised to hear a noise from behind the dash which sounded like either a worn bearing or a blade catching on something. When I switched off the air con it stopped. The air temperature wasn't particularly cold when it was on, although the car was stationary and at tick-over. Someone told me that on some cars the air con doesnt work unless the ambient temperature is above a certain level. Can anyone shed any light on my problem? Don't say theres a mouse stuck in the fan!!!
James.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120926

Not sure but on the BMW I had the AC compressor did not operate below 5C...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120929

the noise could be debris or poor fitting as there should be any noise

and your system may simply need regassing, which is simple and costs less than £100

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120934

A/C doesnt work below 4 deg C to protect the evaporator core from freezing.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121130

I don't think it would have been below 4 degrees but I might be wrong. Just going back to Sundeep's comment, does anyone know if there is an easy way to remove any possible debris?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121156

James,

As you're in Derbyshire, (depending which end of Derbyshire) but try giving the guys at Zentrum Nottingham a call they just found some interesting things with my AC which OPC didn't sort... 01159 613 911

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121298

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back