Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

CD Multichangers

JohnF

Looking to fit a multichanger (with MP3) to my 02 C4S. I'm assuming that the head unit is a Becker. I've been quoted a lot (£400+) for a suitable Becker unit. Has anyone got experience of unsing another manufacturer's multichanger with the Becker head unit? Thanks, John

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120544

I changed to an Alpine unit 6 stack complete with a new head unit for 500 quid. I was really irritated at the Porsche/becker with the non rotary volume buttons which were imprecise and too far away for my short arms - and the speed variable volume (impossible to switch off on a CD R21). The CDR21 also jumped/stopped on tracks regularly too.

The Alpine radio gets better reception and the volume knob is easy to set at the required level

level.
/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/porsche%20becker.jpg

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/CIMG1929.JPG

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120554

Whats with the ' BUM BUM 'display ???

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120561

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Stevo on 26 February 2007

A South of France radio station!
Of course it is! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120568

Stevo, thanks for the info - looks a nice install, but looking at the dash it seems to be a single DIN install - is that a 993? John

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120571

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back