Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

first run in with opc

peter tonge

hi all as per all the good advice on this forum sent my 996 for 111 point inspection 8.30 on wednesday morning,10 am get a phone call from opc telling me car passed with flying colours no work needed{in fact proberly the cleanest 3 year old theyhad inspected} can get the years warranty,ok i said great all the hard work doing research looking at loads of dodgy cars has paid off,then i get told that the aircon could do with deodorising 50 squid plus the vat ok i said oh and by the way sir great offer available on sports exhaust 1495 fitted including the vat ok isaid give me one of them as well fine sir pick your car upfriday afternoon,just in time ithink to myself 20th wedding aniversary on saturday booked the 996 on to the ferry of to holland with the old ball and chain for good weekend.come 4 on friday on my way to pick up the 996 ,mobile goes nice opc man sorry sir your car wont be ready till monday broken bracket,which bracket i say exhaust mounting bracket,but i need it back today going to holland booked on the ferry,dont i get new brackets with my new exhaust no we strip them off the old exhaust and reuse but i need it back today loosing the plot .its ok sir we wil give you a loan car ok then so i phone the ferry company to change car details,sorry sir to late now brill weekend totaled so phone opc to say cant use the loan car as cant change details for the ferry,oh what a shame sir i just got you a brand new cayman for the weekend nevermind have a good weekend.absolutly gutted just goes to show never rely on anyone but yourself so merc driving this weekend souless tin box,oh well sh't happens gutted of preston

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120065

Ferry co is to blame - it should be possible to turn up at the docks in an alternative car and get on. This would happen for example if you had a breakdown or change of family plans. Dont blame the Opc, check your ferry co again and go for a full refund with tame rotweiller in tow.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120080

I book the ferry to Le Mans each year and never give them car details as I'm a car dealer and dont know what i'll be taking,

NEVER had a problem

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120081

Hi and welcome...

If you can't change car details how are you going to get the Merc on there???

As for the OPC :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120099

Which OPC? Bolton? Parker and Parker?

Bad luck - it'll be worth the agro when you get her back with the PSE - turn the radio off, open the windows and find a tunnel to drive through.

Then turn round and drive through again.

Repeat as many times as your face can handle the ache from the grin :D

Philip

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120102

Ditto the comment on Le Mans - you should be able to get any car on (i.e. a Merc) as long as the occupants are the same.. :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120106

hi all got a refund off ferry co flying out this morning,im not having a go at opc because things do go wrong,i know because i own a garage and a scrap yard its just that i know it doesnt take two and a half days to fit an exhaust to any production car,on the behalf of opc they did offer a brand new cayman f.o.c so nothing else they could do really its just when u put plans into action especially 20th wedding you dont want any mistakes sods law that it goes pete tong anyway im off for the plane hopefully my 996 will be ready monday wheni get back.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120148

Nothing wrong with Mercs, built better than Porsches at any rate :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120153

not my sl55 been into merc for repairs more times than any other car ive owned 3 years old and 30k miles all the electric systems failing,still drive a merc diesel though never had any probs sl55 to many electrics.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120158

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by stats007 on 24 February 2007

Nothing wrong with Mercs, built better than Porsches at any rate :wink:
Surely you jest, every time i'm on the motorway i see some form of merc dead on the hard shoulder!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120173

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milno
Back