Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hello, new 911 owner

Richard J Lewis

Evening, didn't really know where to post this so thought here would be good a place as any! (move it if needs be!) Just bought my first 911 aged 24, bit of a bad way to buy one, on impulse!!!

Its a 1984 carrera 3.2, first of the 3.2's apparently, LHD rust free Californian import. Has full 964 bumpers, skirts, electric rear spoiler, carrera cup wheels etc. Been working on various cars since I was about 10, I've always wanted a 911, so bought the first one I saw! No stranger to quick cars, I have an astra estate (vauxhall) with a heavily modified calibra turbo lump, which I built and have built quite a number of quick vauxhalls in my time.

I have no decent pictures of it apart from one of its arse in the workshop... list of failures so far (they were already problematic from when I bought it)

electric spoiler motor: broken... anyone got one?
starter motor failed: I have just stripped and rebuilt it. all the electric window switches bar one on the driver side have failed (again, anyone got any?) aside from that i have done about 250 miles, its used no oil and has no nasty noises so far. Below is a picture, does anyone know the car?

picture0912gz8.jpg

(workshops was a bit of a mess, just rewired all the rear lights)

If anyone can help, drop me a pm please.

thanks.

Rich

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119186

Welcome to the forum.

but Electric spoiler, Carrera cup wheels?

Why?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119189

Thats what was on it when I bought it! personally I prefer the 964 look to the earlier one, but thats entirely down to personal preference.

Rich

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119190

Rich

Welcome!

I wish I had as much room in my garage!

Looks like a Nurburghring sticker so you'll enjoy it here....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119193

Good for you mate. You sound like a real car enthusiast and pretty handy with a spanner. Keep it up! :lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119196

Well my history with RWD doesn't stack up to well as it happens, my last exploit involved an RS500, and a mud bank at speed. I do however rebuild it, and it was front cover of Fast Ford (if anyone reads it) heres a pic after I rebuilt it (not my choice of colour I might add!)

CD04_181X0163.jpg

CD01_65DT8218.jpg

CD02_65DT8296.jpg

That was after I rebuilt it obviously, I just don't have the confidence for RWD, so have to drive them very slowly, so the 'ring is well out.. well maybe to watch!

This is what i did to it...
100_0055.jpg

see my point!

Rich

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119198

take it you re-shelled it?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119207

yes, using a 1983 1600cc 3 door...

was a bit of a learning curve!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119208

wondered about the A*** VGL plate,so who's idea was it to paint it the ghastly yellow then?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119211

The owner, it wasn't my car when I had the "slight" incident. Luckily hes a good mate of mine, so i rebuilt it for him. It was originaly stolen/recovered so was on a Q anyway, he was quite happy to have it on a normal plate.

Rich

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119213

Welcome to the forum Richard. :)

Coincidently, I saw a lovely white RS500 this evening in a pub car park. Awesome classic!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119214

They didn't come in yellow though.... Its looks alot nicer in the flesh than in the pictures, I put some proper effort into it, as I said was front cover car Fast Ford Jan 06 I think.

Anyway, haveing driven both, I prefer my 911, although I do drive that a little slower.

Rich

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119215

Welcome Richard. nice motors.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119227

Welcome!

Love the pic on the beach... bet you were picking sand out of the car for weeks!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119278

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back