Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sports Exhaust

Alex Bartman

Hi There

Im still fairly new and getting to grips with my 996 - which is a joy in every single way. Im really a novice when it comes to engines and mechanics and have been wondering what difference a PSE would make to my 996 C4. I read soemwhere that the exhaust is "switchable" - could someone help me with a simple explanation of what this quite expensive mod will do for me and my car.

thanks

Alex

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117953

tbh the switch is superfluous,what it'll do for you is purely and simply make you grin from ear to ear,the sound is AWESOME

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117957

It means you can switch from noisy sports sound to standard sound at the touch of a button! Having had, and removed a number of sports exhausts in the past from various cars, the ability to switch it off when you aren't in the mood is a very good thing.

It is generally considered to be an essential mod for any 996!

Edit- this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85143TXV0Ug
is quite interesting because you can hear (toward the end) that he turns the switch on and off so you can hear the difference.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117959

Alex - there is a pinned thread in the 996 section for an offer from OPC Nottingham who are giving 911uk members a discount.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117962

Alex Phone up Dave at Nottingham OPC and get your car booked in. C4S with a PSE = :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117980

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back