Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM code

Dr Raj Kohli

Hi folks

I recently replaced the battery in my 2002 996 3.6 and ofcourse somewhere down the line managed to reset the PCM I system the car has. Now PCM is asking for the PCM pin code everytime I start the car.

OPC Glasgow offered me a code using my cars chassis number, but it doesnt work.

Although my car has all the original Documents - I can't find the 'pin code' card!!!

OPC Glasgow are claiming that the unit has been retrofitted or replaced, but this simply isn't the case as it's a one owner car and came factory fitted with the PCM. They are suggesting removeing the unit and sending it down to ??Becker in London ata cost of £150 plus.

Can anyone help? Has anyone else been in this situation and do OPCs have both the NAV and PCM codes that are unique to each vehicle? (I understand the NAV code only needs entering when the vehicle is new)

Any help would be greatly appreciated as without the Nav, I'm getting lost a lot of the time.

kind regards

Raj

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116945

You *may* find the unit was replaced under warranty (a lot were!) and the OPC hasn't recorded the serial number against the chassis - I'd try contacting the previous owner and seeing if they remember anything about it being replaced.

Other than that, it wouldn't be the first time Porsche recorded the wrong serial number against a chassis :roll:

Philip

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116968

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back