Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 Cup air filter

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 13 February 2007
The gurney is standard on the Mk1. It adds a fair bit of downforce. I don't think it was added to the Mk2.

As per the cup car - I might see if I can get one from Motorsport to fit to my Mk.2 road car.

Previous poster said:
Quote: The newer cars have improved breathing to begin with so the marginal benefit of such a system is smaller.

Hmm - ok, thanks for that. It just seems their claims of 18ps on a Mk.2 are over the top for a bit of plastic :D
I suppose if you've got the rest of the induction system upgrades in there, then it's worth it.

Philip

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117309

it's only the carbon fibre ram air scoop that gives +18... the plastic one gives less :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117315

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 14 February 2007
it's only the carbon fibre ram air scoop that gives +18...  the plastic one gives less :wink:

the 996RS has this scoop IIRC??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117320

yup, but is it CF? :wink:
it has been standardised on the 997GT3.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117327

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back