Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 Mk 1 Brakes upgrade

These are the top variety: inside out (for maximum sensitivity) FIA approved Porsche motorsport ones...

Porsche_gloves.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116597

Stop tempting me!!!

Im off for me lunch while I can afford it!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116598

it's worth it... just suck air and go on the "lightweight" option... :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116600

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by rikki griffiths on 12 February 2007

Quite regular - 25th next Hot Marques? Next KH date after this I've got (or rather next one Id choose to be at & comfortable with standard of driving & cars that is) is Friday 6th April evening 6 till 8. Quite a good date as its a bank holiday which means I@m nice & relaxed when I arrive. Organised by Dreadnought - do u want more details???
That's a day i can make, i'll send you a pm.

Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116606

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 12 February 2007

The Cup steering wheel IS a thing of beauty. Really transforms the feel of the driving experience. :)
Although I recommend driving with gloves now to avoid sweat flattening the suede!
Does that mean that you have to wear gloves all the time, even when nipping down the shop for a paper??!! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116610

OC said -

"The brake cooling conversion on the Mk1 is excellent. It is more than just the Cup ducts that Andy Duncan refers to. It consists of closing up the front underside vents, routing piping through the rear of the inner front wheel arch, and directing it towards the back of the brakes. It's hard to see the full install, but you get this additional scoop inside the wheelarch..."

Thanks OC _ where did u get this kit from. Ive been on Carnewal looking at brake cooling, but the kit there seems different to what you pasted?

Thanks for the help here & to Glenn for original post.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116647

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by rikki griffiths on 12 February 2007

OC said - "The brake cooling conversion on the Mk1 is excellent. It is more than just the Cup ducts that Andy Duncan refers to. It consists of closing up the front underside vents, routing piping through the rear of the inner front wheel arch, and directing it towards the back of the brakes. It's hard to see the full install, but you get this additional scoop inside the wheelarch..."Thanks OC _ where did u get this kit from. Ive been on Carnewal looking at brake cooling, but the kit there seems different to what you pasted?Thanks for the help here & to Glenn for original post.
I had mine done by Manthey. JZM also do the conversion as a combined package with the front PU.

http://www.jzmachtech.com/shells/tuning_product.php?porsche=996&model=996%20GT3%20Mk1%20Air%20Con&engine=3.6&year=1999&id=8164

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116658

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dunc on 12 February 2007

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 12 February 2007

The Cup steering wheel IS a thing of beauty. Really transforms the feel of the driving experience. :)
Although I recommend driving with gloves now to avoid sweat flattening the suede!
Does that mean that you have to wear gloves all the time, even when nipping down the shop for a paper??!! :wink:
Only if popping down to the shops breaks a sweat! :D
of course, you could always pick the newsagent in the next village :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116661

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
911tt1
Back