Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bashed 997!

andi sinclair

Hi everyone, my first post!

Managed to make it into the hills past at least 10 abandoned cars. Carried on sideways.

Got to a good parking point, (2 fields from my house) but thought (stupidly) that I would carry on to a crossroads with a tight steep left hand turn and park the car nearby, not attempting the turn. A couple of farming families I know were out getting cars round the corner, shovels in hand. So stupidly I agreed to one attempt! When my car gave out and started sliding backwards, everyone ran for cover. Into a wall backwards. I have only had my car, from brand new, for 3 months. Split bumper and 1 set of exhausts pushed into and under the car! Crap end to a crap week.

Car in pub car park, 4 foot drifts now starting to thaw!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116117

Really sorry to hear that mate! Don't worry she can be repaired.

BTW, welcome!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116120

Try not to be too annoyed with yourself - hand her over to a good Porsche bodyshop with your credit card and she will be back as good as new.

Only pride and wallet damaged. :(
A small bump like that shouldn't be too bad - the bumper did what it was supposed to do - absorb the impact.

Welcome and lets hope that the next few posts can be in better circumstances. Hope it goes well.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116138

Sorry to hear the bad news mate, look on the bright side, no physical injuries.

Welcome BTW

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116142

ouch

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116146

crapola !

but welcome aboard the mad ship 911uk.......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116165

Hi,

Glad your allright and the car injuries are only superficial.

On my road which was covered in 3 inches of compacted snow/ice a Merc driver decided he was going to make it and fishtailed out hitting a white van. Damage to his rear bumper, he then borrowed a spade to remove snow from infront of the rear wheel only to catch the side of the spade on the passenger door leaving a very deep and lengthy scratch that will take more the T-cut to remove.

As I as removing snow from my drive it was my spade he used :oops:

Needless to say he was not happy, took 40 mins to turn round and then abandoned it on the road.

Welcome and send some pics when she is mended.

Alan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116202

Bad news! However welcome to the club, we need some more 997 boys to balance all the GT3 owners these days.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116905

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back