Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Buying 964

joe cavanagh

Anyone familiar with the 964 at top of eporsche's website? (K274BJH). Had a brief look at it earlier in the week - but grateful for any comments from those who know the marque better than me... TVM

Migration info. Legacy thread was 115765

I don't know anything about that particular car but I'm reliably informed that Eporsche are very choosy about what they sell which would be a plus point for the car.

Now that you've mentioned it I hope that no one beats you to it. :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 115832

Don't know the car but went to see eporsche a couple of times when looking for my 964.

Really nice guy, would have dealt with him if he'd had the right car and all of his cars seemed to be in top shape with pretty complete histories.

Probably still worth a PPI though if you're seriously thinking about it.

Will

Migration info. Legacy thread was 115841

Thanks vm. Concur completely on his style / tone. There were a couple of things about the car that I wasn't quite sure of: sill panels seemed a bit loose (to the touch); door bolts seemed to indicate adjustment / removal at some point; wiring under the dash seemed a bit chaotic; (small) dot or 2 of rust; a couple of white marks (in a door bracket and a pillar) which had me wondering whether it had had a colour change; tyres worn almost smooth in the central part (ie tread still fine on the outer inch or 2 of insides and outsides of tyres). I haven't seen many, so was wondering whether these are all typical.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 115863

Wiring under dash is quite typically chaotic on these cars especially if they have had an aftermarket alarm fitted at sometime.

Spots of rust not unusual now these cars are getting 15 years old. Would want to have car inspected because would want to know if there is also rust around the windows / scuttles as this is common.

As for colour change etc. First car should have sticker under bonnet and in service book giving original colour. Evidence might point to the car having had a knock on the door requiring a new door and maybe pillar. If so likely to be secondhand door repainted to match car hence perhaps colour on hinge and signs of door adjustment. Without seeing the car in person this is just a guess.

Typical? Probably difficult to find a 964 now without some problems and never having had paint. When buying 964s you need to know them well or get them inspected so you know what needs sorting on any car you look at.

Ian.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 115872

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe-nee-g
Back