Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

1st Post _ opening pandora's box

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by rikki griffiths on 06 February 2007

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dunc on 06 February 2007

No mate, just along the road from you nr Stirling. Good to hear of another mk1CS in the area. I think we (PO driving) chased Barry in your car for a few laps that day - suppose it's no surprise that he's very quick.

You planning on tracking the car much this year? I've yet to visit KH in the 3 (with me driving anyway) but am planning on getting up on an evening when a suitable one arises.
Hey good stuff _ thats cool. that was probably me u were chasing :wink:
regular at KH but Barry was v quick & smooth as well.Tracking this year? yep got lots on and rough schedule:_ KH 25/2_ Oulton 16/3- Croft 14/4 - Varioius May- Spa juneTheres a few of us doing each one so if u fancy hooking up then em me & I'll give u more details.
25th of this month? Is that a hot marques day? I'm more inclined to try an evening in the hope of less traffic so i can get to know better.

'Tis a possibility though

Migration info. Legacy thread was 115026

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dunc on 06 February 2007
Previous poster said:
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dunc on 06 February 2007 No mate, just along the road from you nr Stirling. Good to hear of another mk1CS in the area. I think we (PO driving) chased Barry in your car for a few laps that day - suppose it's no surprise that he's very quick.
You planning on tracking the car much this year? I've yet to visit KH in the 3 (with me driving anyway) but am planning on getting up on an evening when a suitable one arises.
[/i:S1XXlODONz]
Hey good stuff _ thats cool. that was probably me u were chasing :wink:

regular at KH but Barry was v quick & smooth as well.

Tracking this year? yep got lots on and rough schedule:
_ KH 25/2
_ Oulton 16/3
- Croft 14/4
- Varioius May
- Spa june

Theres a few of us doing each one so if u fancy hooking up then em me & I'll give u more details.
25th of this month? Is that a hot marques day? I'm more inclined to try an evening in the hope of less traffic so i can get to know better.
'Tis a possibility though

Yes a Sunday. In my experience, the sundays are less fraught as they are 4 hour sessions, compared with 2 hours in the evening and a such there are periods when there are v few cars on track.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 115028

Rikki, there a fair few of us at oulton on the 16th & a few also going to Spa at end of May/early June.

You should be able to hook with a few of the rabble there!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 115043

Hi Rikki,

Welcome to 911uk! You should email Andy Duncan, the PCGB GT3 Register Secretary, who maintains a list of all GT3s in the UK. If your car is on the register, he'll be able to confirm various details of the car. Andy's details are on the PCGB Forum website.

Cheers,

Adrien

Migration info. Legacy thread was 115054

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 06 February 2007
Rikki, there a fair few of us at oulton on the 16th & a few also going to Spa at end of May/early June.
You should be able to hook with a few of the rabble there!

Thanks rob _ looking forward.

This is a friendly forum!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 115057

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 06 February 2007
Hi Rikki,
Welcome to 911uk! You should email Andy Duncan, the PCGB GT3 Register Secretary, who maintains a list of all GT3s in the UK. If your car is on the register, he'll be able to confirm various details of the car. Andy's details are on the PCGB Forum website.
Cheers,
Adrien

Thanks Adrian. Ive swapped a few ems with Andy re those brake ducts, but hadnt twigged on him being Register Secretary _ Ill drop him a line. :?

And I think its you whos got me started on the cup steering wheel malarky!!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 115058

just wait till he gets going on the Manthey kit

Migration info. Legacy thread was 115078

hehehe... if only they would pay me :wink:

Cup steering wheel: best simple interior mod you can do. Improve all your contact points with your beloved... :D
If the steering wheel is the foreplay, then the Manthey kit is the... :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 115128

[quote:Kt0iQ7uOMq="Previous poster"]Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 06 February 2007
hehehe... if only they would pay me :wink:

Cup steering wheel: best simple interior mod you can do. Improve all your contact points with your beloved... :D
If the steering wheel is the foreplay, then the Manthey kit is the... :twisted:

[/QUOTE]

err thank you - got the point (so to speak).

Migration info. Legacy thread was 115129

Don't know much about this particular car, but remember seeing it a few times parked outside John Greasley's favourite Indian restaurant in Buckingham!

John will have looked after the car fastidiously - the only time I have ever seen one of his cars dirty was after the first lap of a rallycross heat about 20 years ago, and as he owned G-Force Motorsport at the time, it will have been maintained at no expense spared and by some of the best Porsche technicians around (they also prepared his Le Mans Porsche GT1 car). Probably answers the question about suspension setup as well.

John's history with, and passion for, all things Porsche make many of us lot look like people with a recent passing interest! Almost 30 years ago, he raced a 750bhp twin turbo 4wd 911, built by Dage Sport (later to become G-Force), in rallysport - as he couldn't get a race licence due to being blind in one eye.

Probably doesn't really answer your question, but a bit of trivia about a previous owner for you!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 115133

Previous poster said:

Yes a Sunday. In my experience, the sundays are less fraught as they are 4 hour sessions, compared with 2 hours in the evening and a such there are periods when there are v few cars on track.
Nuts, just checked and i'm workin that weekend. Wont even have time to stop by for a bit. I'll have to stick to KH this year as LeMans is using up my Euro trip budget. Hopefully do Spa next year.I'll give you a shout when i'm looking at goin up to KH and see what you're up to.

Fancy joining in for our hoon round the highlands in August?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 115191

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Wattie on 06 February 2007
Don't know much about this particular car, but remember seeing it a few times parked outside John Greasley's favourite Indian restaurant in Buckingham!
John will have looked after the car fastidiously - the only time I have ever seen one of his cars dirty was after the first lap of a rallycross heat about 20 years ago, and as he owned G-Force Motorsport at the time, it will have been maintained at no expense spared and by some of the best Porsche technicians around (they also prepared his Le Mans Porsche GT1 car). Probably answers the question about suspension setup as well.
John's history with, and passion for, all things Porsche make many of us lot look like people with a recent passing interest! Almost 30 years ago, he raced a 750bhp twin turbo 4wd 911, built by Dage Sport (later to become G-Force), in rallysport - as he couldn't get a race licence due to being blind in one eye.
Probably doesn't really answer your question, but a bit of trivia about a previous owner for you!

Thanks Wattie _ thats interesting & nice to know. thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 115338

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back