Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ants in my pants – help

Don't know. Have you tried the configurator on the Porsche web site?

I'd guess that most of the kit comes as standard as otherwise they'd have to build a separate dash. You can however specify a car without the sat nav and a/c. Again I'd guess that the management systems are all part of the standard kit and its the programming and chassis that are varied for this model.

But if you want a hard(er?) core car then perhaps there are better variants out there that will be more desirable? If its a GT3 for every day then I'd have thought you might as well have the creature comforts which make it easier to sell. The weight and power consumption will only make a difference on the track. IMHO

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113530

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by smtk on 30 January 2007
The 996 isn’t my cup of tea in the looks department otherwise I would get one.

No ones answered what that sport button does is it just a loud switch. From what I understand it makes the car more revv’y and more exhaust note

The other thing is how much would I get for my 993tt I reckon £46k for a quick sale…

Sundeep you have a pm
funny thing is I have been finding the 997 a bit bug eyed and ugly of late. espeially the front end of the GT3 with its GT2'esq black air intake.

The 996GT3RS is much prettier and cleaner IMHO

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113533

Sport button makes the electronic throttle response more aggressive, and I believe it may also change the threshold of PSM cutting in too - so you can go more sideways before it spoils the fun (or saves your life!)

Probably needs PCM for it's fibre-optic network?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113540

ok So sat nav isnt a big no no then (althought i never use the sat nav in mine atm)

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 30 January 2007
funny thing is I have been finding the 997 a bit bug eyed of late.

I love my cars like I love my women doe eye'd and all their junk in the trunk :lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113668

Just buy it SMTK i was going through the same dilema about 4 weeks ago, i had decided that i was going to buy my first porsche, i thought at first of a C4S but ever since i was young lad wanted the Turbo model, then i was introduced to the GT2 the looks and noise just seduced me and far the performance when i took my first ride was just filled with adrenaline. Best thing i have ever bought, no regrets even though my other half just calls it a waste of money

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113720

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back