Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

On the subject of baby seats

Jamie_G

I have a headache trying to understand options for baby seat / buggy combo that will fit into a new 997 C2S.

Jack is just short of 4 months old. Possibly getting new car end of March so call it 6 months old at delivery.

I was working under the impression that I could only get a front facing seat that would fit into the front passenger seat leaving my wife to get into the rear - not ideal. Is there a safe seat for a baby of this age to sit in the rear? And, a buggy that will fit into the front luggage compartment - that is a proper buggy not just a frame that the car seat slots into?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112900

I think that the sexy looking Quinny three wheel buggy thing more than easily fits under the front of a modern 911. I have a Maclaren one in mine, but these def won't fit in a C4!

I have seen plenty of rear forwad facing car seats in the back of 996/7 so that won't be a problem. I also think a rear facing baby seat will go on the front seat, although the wife in the rear isn't going to happen.

Not sure that you can get a rear facing baby seat for the back though, just not enough space.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112924

You'll need to search for a Porsche Prince baby seat which is no longer made. These are found on either eBay or post up a WANTED msg on the various Porsche fora...

Baby seat rules Q&A:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4781511.stm

I don't think you are supposed to have rear facing baby seats in the front of the car without deactivating the airbag.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112928

Obviously on a new order I will get them to de-activate the airbag and fit isofix brackets...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112937

re buggy - the quinny zapp is the one to get - we have had one for a couple of years & all Mini drivers are fans for similar reasons. Bit basic 1-position from 6 months+, & before then has a maxi-cosi cabrio fitting. I am just acquiring a 993 Targa in replacement for the mini & not worried about the buggy....far more about finding 2 car seats for a 1 + 3 yrs old. Discussion forums here seem to be a year or so out of date so not sure what has come out recently.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116325

Here's a post I made a while back

Link:
996 and a family

Since then we've had another son so the back of the 996 now has two M&P Pro-Tecs

Before son number two was big enough for a forward facing seat we had no problem fitting a rear facing seat in the back.

Although the M&P Pro-Tec will fit in a 997 AFAIK the 997 is ISOFIX equipped as standard so it might be worth a look at something like the Britax DUO-ISO. We've had these fitted in a BMW and now a Honda both with ISOFIX and they've been very good.

Andy04 996 C2

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116330

Hi,

The Quinny Zap is the buggy of choice but not suitabe realy until 6 months old when little one has good sitting balance. I have the M&P Protec in the back of my 996 C4S recommend for when older.

My daughter was 12 weeks when I picked up my beast and we used the Graco cradle that fits into the larger buggy. This is rear facing and fits nicely in the back.

Rear facing in the back is IMHO the safest option.

Regards Alan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116367

Jack will be 6 months old at time of delivery. His neck is already quite strong and he's quite developed for his age. I will probably not put him in the car until 7/8 months so straight into front facing seat in the rear with Quinny Zap also.

I think it would be a waste to not use the isofix in the rear but take on board comments about the Porsche Junior seat that has the annoying front padding which i have heard really bugs the kid. Will check out the britax.

Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116908

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back