Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 for Jamie G

What ever colour suits you.

Full leather

Manual (but tip is great on 997)

Nav and telephone module

Think Turbo two tone wheels look great (but wish they'd kept them unique to Turbo). 19" sport design look good as well

Sport seats > with electric adjustment preferably but would accept that this is probably a waste of money if the car is not the only one in the household.

Sport shortshift if manual

Bose but wouldn't bother with CD changer > add an ipod

Rear park assist

Floor mats

Sports exhaust (absolutely)

Top tint windscreen

Tracking system

Sun roof

(I'd add an aerokit for me but it is the best part of £3,200).

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113080

PSE and Sports Chrono are excellent, as are heated sports seats if you're going to use it in the winter. Factory collection is a waste of money - call your OPC and they will arrange a free factory tour. Okay, you don't then collect your car and drive it home, but given how cheap flights are ... The factory tour is well worth doing (I went in 2006 having picked up my car in the UK in March 2006).

Phone module - don't bother unless you can get a spare SIM card for your phone, otherwise you have to keep taking the card out of your phone and putting it in the slot. A Bluetooth connection would be much better, though suspect they don't offer that yet.

Turbo wheels - not for me, car looks like it's pretending to be a Turbo when it's not. The original 19"alloys are still to be bettered in my opinion. BOSE - no, standard system is good enough, plus if you go for the PSE you'll not be listening for the stereo anyhow. Sat Nav worth the money, not least from a resale position.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113121

I Carrera III wheels are really nice - although possibly a bit similar to the Carrera II wheels. But given the popularity of the turbo wheels ont he 996 range, it might make them a good choice for the 997 too.

Not surprised they don't offer bluetooth when the Telephone module costs £523.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113140

I have the PCM with telephone on the Cayenne and have a spare sim in it although rarely put my phone on divert to it. I was doing that more for re-sale value.

Sports shift - what is it and do i need it?

We should try and get a factory visit arranged for a few of us, I would love that.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113143

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by JamieG on 29 January 2007

We should try and get a factory visit arranged for a few of us, I would love that.
The Porsche club arrange factory visits...

Next one 19th - 22nd April

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113197

Just a thought on the wheels - have you looked at the ones that are option CRR or something similar. Quite a few of the cars on Renntean in the States have them and IMHO they look superb on the 997

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113296

I would go with the sports shifter as well Jamie - bit stiff when you first get the car but becomes silky smooth after a few hundred miles.

Meanwhile, its probably too late by the sounds of it but have you considered Meteor Grey? My mate bought an Atlas car (this was after I said I wanted one - copycat!!) but when compared with the Meteor (this is in particular when you see the car in front of you) the meteor looked really rich. The Atlas was a bit lost - didn't know if it wanted to be black, grey or blue even.....It is very nice however, either meteor or atlas I would go with a beige interior personally - just makes the car that much more roomy. The black is a bit claustrophobic (sp) for my liking.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113712

The Sports Shifter was very nice, far better than on the 996. The improvements made by using that Japanese gearbox in the 997 pays dividends with the SSK.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114045

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back