Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Just Bought a 996 GT2

Very impressed far the old girl i am sure shes very scary with that power :)
how old is she ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 115644

A 1989 3.3 turbo cabriolet. 1 of 90 UK build with the 5 speed box. Sports exhaust probably contributes marginally to the increased output together with several runs on the rolling road.

Best thing is that my 8 year-old knew about turbo lag aged 5 and can recognise some Porsche variants. How's that for brain-washing

Migration info. Legacy thread was 115669

...oh and all 996 GT2's have a limited slip diff. You will notice it most when doing a tight radius reverse manouvre (usually out of a ditch :laugh:) as you can hear a slight mechanical noise....also when in a straight line and both rears light up and you feel a snaking sensation down the motorway ;-)

'slight mechanical noise'- first time I heard it I thought the rear wheels had come loose :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117410

You learn something differnet everyday :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117594

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back