Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help! Fitting Tear drop Wing Mirrors

BEN C4

Trainee
I have just got my Tear drop wing mirrors but I can't see what I am to do about the wiring. The new mirrors have a socket on the end so when i took the flag ones off I was expecting to see a wire that I could pull out of a similar socket, but No.

Do I have to cut the existing wire?! Argh!

HELP!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111490

Going back a little while but I remember there was a feature on exactly this in 911 & Porsche World. Try their back issues department and they might be able to source you a copy.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111504

Man this forum is great. As is the internet! It's amazing that everything you could possibly want or need is out there somewhere. What did people do before the days of the internet?

I printed and used that above guide and it was perfect! My only problem was I had to fit the drivers one twice as I used the wrong baseplate and it was only obvious when I got to doing the passenger one. As an added bonus on my original mirrors a couple of the motors weren't working but now they all are! YAY!

And boy oh boy are the originals heavy compared to the teardrop ones! It's almost unbelieveable how heavy they are, they must have lead in them!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111522

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back